Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sullivan Barrera Drops Shabranskyy Three Times, TKO in Seven

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
    Loool this is a sig worthy fail

hahahah

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
      and aint that the truth of it. Ive been banging this drum for a long time that the super 6 was a pile of doo doo, that smw line up was awful. Said people would be shocked at how limited he would look when he fought kovalev, an actual top level fighter. Ward is a very good fighter and thats why he won it, he didnt need to be a superstar to win it. Only thing i disagree on with the post is that i dont think its a case of styles with shabranskyy and barrera, hes just a limited fighter

we just saw the extent of your boxing knowledge dropkick

give it a rest LMAO

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        hahahah

kid, you said that Shabranskyy would "smash Barrera to pieces" for this reason..... "Barrera is crap"

LMAO
        no i never said he would, i said 'if hes any good' he would, ive barely seen shabranskyy, saw some higlights vid of him and nothing stood out at all, i didnt give a prediction cause i didnt know much about him. Barrera is garbage, i stand by that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic
          Ward is definitely better than Barrera, and had the better style to beat Barrera than Shabranskyy does. Shabranskyy might walk through Ward who doesn't have a big punch, and relies more on his left hand, but fighting a big strong guy like Barrera with a big, if slow, right hand was a terrible style for a guy with literally the worst defense in boxing.

Ward is definitely better than Barrera though. He just isn't better than Kovalev, or on that truly elite level. Some good wins over slow, B+ old-school euro style fighters like Froch and Kessler, or a drained B+ fighter like Dawson, but he's never beaten a top fighter. He was only ever willing to fight one, Kovalev, only after Roc Nation decided to overpay him from Jay-Z's wallet, and he lost clearly. You can argue if you want but 70% - 80% of fans and media even in the U.S. agree Kovalev won. The 20% left probably just works out to the amount of fans Ward has.

So yeah this won't save Ward's resume in the end. He's still gone his whole career without truly beating an elite fighter. And for him to get literally outboxed by "just a puncher" Kovalev shows even his strength, his boxing ability, is wildly overrated. He showed almost no sweet science ability outside of the jab, but Kovalev won the jab contest too. Any other success Ward had was purely MMA, hold and hit, illegal tactics. No sweet science there at all, just "dogging" MMA tactics that the hometown ref allowed, but that's not boxing and we all know that.

So until Ward actually beats a top fighter, he will never have a great resume. I know some fanboys think he does because they've been trained like dogs first by Showtime, then by HBO, to get hyped about an American gold medalist. Ward has been The Great Next Floyd Hype his whole career and networks have fallen over backwards to tell everyone how great he is, and promote him. They created an easy tournament for him, keeping Bute out, only including B to B+ fighters tailor made for Ward's style, and then used the rarity of tournaments in boxing to argue that this made Ward special, and that he's done something no one else had, or whatever, because it was a "tournament." Well yeah it was a tournament without two of the three best guys in the division, Dirrell and Bute, style-bred perfectly for Ward.

Let's call it what it was. A con job on the American boxing fans. But if the hype artists weren't good at convincing people, they wouldn't use them. Many fans have been convinced Ward is elite, or has an elite resumé, but he doesn't and he never has. He never fought an elite fighter, then the first time he did, he got dropped, he lost, and now he's talking retirement because he knows he can't hang with elite fighters. Why else do you think he never fought one until 32 years old? I think he knows his limitations better than his fans do.

Originally posted by slimPickings View Post
          Thanks for the laugh this morning Kovalev.

A wonderful attempt at revisionism, Monday morning quarterbacking, "boxing logic " and just plain hot air all rolled into one. And it stinks a mile away!!!

Man you are good. If you believe half the stuff you have spewed then you may need a lot more help than you realize.

Time to move on!!

How about taking the time to give Barrera ( a Ward victim) some credit instead of this obsession with Ward.

Comeon Kovalev you are better than this. Move on.

Once again thanks for the laugh.

Ever thought about a career in writing fiction? Seriously. You do have some talent.

At least when your boxing career is over you have something to fall back on.

Move on Kovalev. Move on.

LMAO

yea I can't believe the rubbish that guy writes

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            we just saw the extent of your boxing knowledge dropkick

give it a rest LMAO
            why you trying to twist my words for, even naijaD managed to read what i put properly 'you stopped short of making a prediction'.

Comment

why you trying to twist my words for, even naijaD managed to read what i put properly 'you stopped short of making a prediction'.

not sure if it is possible to twist these words.....

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
              not seen much of shabranskyy but if hes half decent he'll smash barrera to pieces, barrera is crap, simple as that.

hardly an accurate prediction was it, good luck calling that a win

Comment

• Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                If I recall they criticized Ward for not fighting Shabransky or Brahmer instead. And even went low enough to say Barrera was just as bad as Dominic Wade.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see Barrera in a another title fight soon.
                OMG how did I forget about that! LMAO classic NSB

Comment

• Originally posted by mlac View Post
                  This is exaxtly what im talking about.
                  As soon as i call any of you fanboys out on your bs, im suddenly on the other 'team', it's so sad.
                  Fanboy ****. so so

No one wants to talk about ward in fights involving other people apart from ward fanboys who never mentioned themselves that barrera would win.

1 guy voted barrera by Ko...now look at the poll...and you talk about revisionist history?
                  Once again revisionist history. I just said I called it a 50/50 fight. I wasn't alone. Most TRUE fans knew this was a competitive fight. But then again most of you guys aren't true fans. Move along, stop white knighting. If you thought Barrera was a bum going into the fight, no1 wants to hear anything you have to say.
                  Last edited by Kagami Taiga; 12-17-2016, 06:46 PM.

Comment

This has been a terrible boxing year for you

Comment

• mlac

This dude can't go a week without getting owned. Since Ward beat Kovalev him and his horrible fanboy click were hoping Shabransky would beat Barrera so these fools could get a moral victory over Ward that Kovalev couldn't deliver.

I love seeing the worst fanbase in sports history eat crow and make excuses.

Comment

Working...
                      X