No announcement yet.

Brad Pitt....Overrated or Underrated???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RAV3N View Post
    Well to me he only has 2 acting skills, acting like brad pitt (for most of his movies) and acting a little crazy.

He can vary them 2 skills slightly but essentially that is all he does.

Dont get me wrong, he has been in some good movies but I have never rated him as a actor.
    I agree with this for the most part. Aside from Snatch and Basterds he is often just being himself. I think he is a good actor though. Not great, just good at his best very good.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
      He was miscast in /Inglorious Bastards, he didn't come off as a hardcore rough military guy at all, it was like he was just reading his lines and trying to sound tough.

This is the man who should have been cast instead of Brad Pitt for that role in Inglorious Bastards, this is why I don't like Hollywood they just keep giving famous actors roles there are so many real good starving actors out there.

Alpha Male Alert! In his prime he was like a jacked up version of Magnum P.I. Now he is like a more authentic version of Jake the Snake.

I just found out the guy used to wrestle as well:

Comment

It's all bout levels. Current actors in boxing terms:

You've got your Emmanuel Augustus types: (Will Smith, Bruce Willis, Forest Whittaker, Clooney etc).
        Then you've got your Danny Garcia tyes (Di Caprio, Washington, Penn, Tom Hanks, Depp, Deniro, Pacino etc).
        Bernard Hopkins (Michael Caine).
        Then you've got Pacquiao (Jack Nicholson),
        Finally Mayweather (Daniel Day Lewis).
        Last edited by Mr Ehrmantraut; 03-08-2014, 03:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
          It's all bout levels. Current actors in boxing terms:

You've got your Emmanuel Augustus types: (Will Smith, Bruce Willis, Forest Whittaker, Clooney etc).
          Then you've got your Danny Garcia tyes (Di Caprio, Washington, Penn, Tom Hanks, Depp, Deniro, Pacino etc).
          Bernard Hopkins (Michael Caine).
          Then you've got Pacquiao (Jack Nicholson),
          Finally Mayweather (Daniel Day Lewis).
          I have to disagree.

Hopkins resume isnt better then De Niro or Pacino. Theyre both ATGs as well. And so is Penn, Hanks, and Washington.

To me its this....

Fringe Contenders: Liam Neeson, Ben Affleck, Tom Cruise
          Contenders: Matthew McConaughey, Bradley Cooper, George Clooney, Forest Whitaker
          Champions: Brad Pitt, Russell Crowe, Tommy Lee Jones, Christoph Waltz
          Hall of Fame: Leonardo DiCaprio, Christian Bale, Morgan Freeman
          ATGs: Daniel Day Lewis, Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, Tom Hanks, Denzel, Sean Penn
          Last edited by 4Corners; 03-08-2014, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Seven his his best movie I've seen of his

Comment

He's a good actor and in the 90's/early 00's he had a string of good films but for years now he's been in crap like World War Z where he doesn't get a chance to show it. I may be in the minority here but I didn't like IB at all and his grating attempt at a southern accent had a lot to do with it

Comment

Working...
              X