No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Says Deal To Face Alexander is Nearly Done

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So why not fight Tim Bradley then?

He derserves the shot alot more than Devon or Guerrero.

This is ****.

I won't pay for this.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      He fought them though. Who else willing to get in there with a prime Bradley, prime Matthysse, prime Maidana, Urango, Brook etc?

Don't get me wrong, Alexander wouldn't be my choice but beyond beating a Turk who lost to Karass and Berto Guerrero has nothing resume-wise on Alexander above 135.
      I pretty much agree. However Alexander is still getting flack over Bradley, Kotelnik, Matthysse (who's the man of the moment) and his style is not ppv friendly. Guerrero is getting extra fan love for taking 2 very risky fights (for him, not for a top level welter) and showing lots of heart and some kinks vs Berto.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
        style wise it's boring........

but it's a better fight then Guerrero in my book.

say what you will.........
        Whenever there's a debate pertaining to Floyd or Pacquiao. DON'T EVER, NOT CALL YOURSELF A FLOWMO. PLEASE, do us all that favor.

I remember your punk ass in all those Floyd threads, defending his ass, and trying to say you weren't a Flowmo.

Nukka please.

Comment

Lmao. Oh god.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
            Jesus Soto Karass was giving Maidana hell at WW and Bailey just prays he lands a bomb out of the 6 he throws a round. I'd pick Berto to beat both of them and I hate Berto.
            But Alexander/Guerrero is a 50-50 fight in itself.

But I'd still rather see Guerrero. To me, Guerrero is a solid win for him, nothing major or great....but solid. Alexander is the level a Judah win, a decent one. Nothing more.

I still can't imagine this. S**t, they should have just waited for Alexander/Brook and fought the winner then.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
              Jesus Soto Karass was giving Maidana hell at WW and Bailey just prays he lands a bomb out of the 6 he throws a round. I'd pick Berto to beat both of them and I hate Berto.
              In his last three fights Berto got UD'd by Ortiz (JWW stepping up), was getting outboxed by the Slovenian Zaveck, and lost to a LW stepping up in Guerrero. I wouldn't pick him to pick his nose.

Comment

Originally posted by josenoway View Post
                Pac-Rios ****s all over this fight, this fight would be like the little turd at the bottom of the toilet bowl that keeps floating back up even after you flush over and over.
                Pacquiao-Rios is better action wise because he'd actually try to win, but Alexander could quit twice and still would probably perform better against Floyd than Rios would against Manny.

But seriously, this like the Judah fight, only with less talent and slightly better boxing skills. I'm not saying Guerrero is any better because he's not, but **** at least he has a win over the only name in the division outside of the three heard monster. Devon beat...Maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by VVho View Post
                  tldr, and like someone else said, this is basically like bradley vs Pac
                  This is nothing like Bradley and Pac

For one, they have a styles mesh, one is a boxer and the other is a fighter. It wasn't exciting, but their styles go together.

In this instance, these dudes have a styles clash. Two boxers who don't press the action forward and wait for counter opportunities. So now you'll have Alexander playing a role he usually doesn't making inane and weird sputtering noises with every lame jab he throws.

Oh, and at least Bradley beat that C-Class bum in Alexander. Alexander beat Bailey...derp

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
                    Dear God...

It begins
                    It's about equal to the Judah coming off a loss in 2006 win......how is that defending this??? It's a decent win at best, nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
                      Dear God...

It begins
                      I am laughing so hard right now. I can't believe people are actually trying to justify this. I thought even Larry would have problems here..... LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X