No announcement yet.

Why don't people like the south?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why don't people like the south?

You don't hear southerners talking about how much they dislike northerners.

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
    You don't hear southerners talking about how much they dislike northerners.
    They seem to hate Yankees, actually.

And many of them have a hard time accepting that their old way of life deserved to be put to an end.

Comment

its like detroit but with swamps and rusty tractors

Comment

The #1 complaint I have about the South is how the backward, ignorant cowfuckers in Texas set the agenda for the contents of textbooks in public schools in the US, due to the buying power of the Texas Board of Education.

The Southern States also reap more in tax benefits from the Federal Government than they contribute, while the Southern politicians in congress are open in their agenda to sell off the country to the highest bidder (that Southern politicians aren't the only ones in Congress doing this doesn't mean they are excused). Ditto for a range of other policy matters, including matters like clean air regulation (with air pollution being responsible for millions of deaths and billions of dollars in lost economic activity; clean air policies therefore being sound economics, in addition to their role in inhibiting poison).

Otherwise, I enjoy the whether, the food, and the people. Although their worship of the occult puts me off a little (and gets back to the education agenda thing).

Also, the crime down there is a little much, including fncked up crimes owing to the number of emotionally demented people there.

Comment

I have a love/hate thing with the south.

The people (some) are so ******ed which is my number 1 complaint. 2 is the weather (especially the summer)

The food is great though.

Oh country music sucks. I like maybe, 3-4 songs.

Comment

Personally, I hate the weather in the places I've lived in the south and the food is a bit overrated in my opinion. There are also areas that are heavily industrialized and they literally stink. Other than that, I don't have much issues with the south that I can think of.
            Last edited by Zaryu; 11-18-2017, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
              The #1 complaint I have about the South is how the backward, ignorant cowfuckers in Texas set the agenda for the contents of textbooks in public schools in the US, due to the buying power of the Texas Board of Education.

The Southern States also reap more in tax benefits from the Federal Government than they contribute, while the Southern politicians in congress are open in their agenda to sell off the country to the highest bidder (that Southern politicians aren't the only ones in Congress doing this doesn't mean they are excused). Ditto for a range of other policy matters, including matters like clean air regulation (with air pollution being responsible for millions of deaths and billions of dollars in lost economic activity; clean air policies therefore being sound economics, in addition to their role in inhibiting poison).

Otherwise, I enjoy the whether, the food, and the people. Although their worship of the occult puts me off a little (and gets back to the education agenda thing).

Also, the crime down there is a little much, including fncked up crimes owing to the number of emotionally demented people there.
              I don't know what the current state of textbooks is but something tells me a Texas monopoly over them is far less scary/results in far less pseudoscience being propagated than a Californian monopoly.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
                I don't know what the current state of textbooks is but something tells me a Texas monopoly over them is far less scary/results in far less pseudoscience being propagated than a Californian monopoly.
                Actually if some of the topics in the lounge are a gauge, I accept your point.

Well played.

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post

One other thing to add is that wages are generally kept low and labor unions are not strong down there.

They seem to hold workers in low regard. Perhaps because of slavery? I don't know.

Comment

Im from Texas, **** you northerners especially you new york pricks

Comment

Working...
                    X