Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have your opinions on gun control laws changed over recent incidents?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    Ask your local police dept.

They're not under any obligation to protect you.

That's why u can't sue the govt if u get robbed or attacked.
    Correct.

The Supreme Court said that.

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
      People should be allowed to mount Howitzers on their house if they want. I'm against taking the rights of law abiding citizens away because of the actions of criminals.

Not that you mentioned automatic weapons, but reading through this thread makes me wonder if people actually understand the difference between automatic and semi auto. Automatic weapon permits are extremely difficult and expensive to obtain and thus are rare. People act like any Joe Blow can just roll in to a gun shop and buy a fully auto M-16. Which simply is'nt the case. Although it should be.

Also a lot of folks seem to think assault weapons should'nt be sold, because people have no reason to own one, yet the AR-15 is one of the most popular sport rifles in the US. So sportsmen would seem to disagree with the folks who can't even tell the difference between an semi auto and fully auto weapon.
      Actually ppl do own howitzers and even tanks.

They don't kill anyone.

I'm starting to think it might not beven the weapons that are evil.

It might be the ppl.

Comment

• a million guns made into a pile....injures no one.

a normal person with a gun (or a million guns)....just a gun collector

a demented person with just 1 gun and all hell can break loose.

the gun law isnt the the problem per se. have to make getting them more difficult. then again, once a person has them, shlt can happen and it wouldnt be the guns fault. that would be similar blaming a kitchen knife for stabbing people.

broken heart/mind, loss of job/lover, political/social views......no way of knowing when this will pop up.

Comment

Our Constitution gave us the right to bear arms.

Constitution doesn't ensure the right to feel safe.

Ask your local police dept.

They're not under any obligation to protect you.

That's why u can't sue the govt if u get robbed or attacked.
          I didn't say or imply the Constitution did provide a right to be safe. The constitution has been amended 17 times. whenever citizens have made it clear that the status quo is not in our best interest.

Whether its ending slavery, allowing income tax or having women vote, American citizens have always recognized the fact that the Constitution, while its arguably the most important document in our history, was written by men and therefore is subject to human error that we as a people can change.

That is all I am suggesting now-change it to reflect what the majority of citizens want. We can't figure that out without debating it in Congress.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
            Cool. I guess epigeneticslly I fear what happened to my ancestors. I ain't going out like that. Agreed, muskets & torches have been replaced by illegal wire taps, and paramilitary raids on civilians. Posse Comitatus is null and void.

Ak47's are cool, but I'm an HK 91 & 93 die hard.

The bread & circus of Rome, is the NFL..sports etc.
            We are a young federal republic, but most think we are a democracy.
            Democracies are the worst form of government. That topic is for another time.
            I completely understand your position. I am not advocating getting rid of your guns. Just want to make sure my kids grow up in a society that isn't so rooted in them.

Comment

• I did a test to see if assault rifles was the problem.

The other day I grabbed my Norinco type 56 (chinese ak-47) from storage.

Put it in my house.

Grabbed some 30 and 40 round magazines. Loaded it.

I didn't kill anyone that day.

I'm starting to think it's not the gun that causes all these shootings.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                I completely understand your position. I am not advocating getting rid of your guns. Just want to make sure my kids grow up in a society that isn't so rooted in them.
                Respect !! Agreed..

Comment

Nonsense.

You're telling me Sweden and Belgium and all this eu countries would have same murders if guns weren't banned?

You telling me Norway and Portugal would turn into watts or detroit or Oakland if they make guns legal?

I don't think so.
                  well I didn't say that. You did and then argued against it, which is kind of weird.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    I didn't say or imply the Constitution did provide a right to be safe. The constitution has been amended 17 times. whenever citizens have made it clear that the status quo is not in our best interest.

Whether its ending slavery, allowing income tax or having women vote, American citizens have always recognized the fact that the Constitution, while its arguably the most important document in our history, was written by men and therefore is subject to human error that we as a people can change.

That is all I am suggesting now-change it to reflect what the majority of citizens want. We can't figure that out without debating it in Congress.
                    Maybe 50 yrs.

That 2nd amendment isn't going anywhere right now.

Comment

I did a test to see if assault rifles was the problem.

The other day I grabbed my Norinco type 56 (chinese ak-47) from storage.

Put it in my house.

Grabbed some 30 and 40 round magazines. Loaded it.

I didn't kill anyone that day.

I'm starting to think it's not the gun that causes all these shootings.

Mi Casa es su Casa

Comment

Working...
                      X