Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Kovalev / Duva DON'T Accept Ward's terms, then Kova was content with the Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
    If you want a fight you don't set out unreasonable demands, exhibit A: Canelo offering Golovkin a flat fee for the biggest fight in the sport. If Ward wants to rematch Kovalev he will follow the terms set out in the clause. This is not a financial superfight as proven by the first fight PPV figures.

Ward makes it sound like it was he that got 2 million and Kovalev that got 5 million. Aren't you one of the guys that think Golovkin should accept a flat fee for Canelo, why are you pushing for Ward to get more money when he got more than double Sergey's purse the first time round. It's up to Roc Nation to get the extra money Ward is looking for, if they can't do that then he should retire instead of stalling Kovalev's attempt to regain the belts.
    The first fight was a 50/50 split. What promoters chose to pay their fighters from their 50% is irrelevant to negotiations for the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      What are the terms first off?

If Ward agreed to a rematch deal with clear outlines for the winner or just for him then he's on the line to meet those agreements or retire...or offer Kovalev step aside money if he wants to fight someone else.

If its unclear what the terms are for a rematch then I agree Ward gots room to play with & Kovalev & Main Events need to bend to attempt to get the L avenged.

Main thing is what the f#ck are the terms?!?!? Without knowing that idk that there is much of anything to debate except speculation on what the terms could be that are holding up anything concrete becoming of this rematch.
      Spot on Panda

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
        If Kovalev wants to redeem himself, he HAS to bow down to Ward's demands. Ward won, Duva knows the high possibility that Kova loses twice, and that's her trophy gone, so she's trying to cash out whatever she can. Now you might say that War is doing the same thing, but if Ward's initial purse can't be made again, then Duva and Kova should bend over to ''what's right'' as Ward says.

Ward should get 75. Kova 25. Ward came to them. Helped HBO build the fight. When Kellerman asked Ward, Andre acknowledged Kova. When Kellerman asked Kova, he called Stevenson a chicken and never mentioned Ward's name.
        The terms for the rematch were in the original contract. If ward wants to get extra money from roc nation on the side, that's whatever, but nothing needs to be negotiated if the fighters honor their contracts (something that ward tends not to do)

Comment

It's a shame the promoters didn't think about a rematch and set out the terms for that in the initial contract oh wait.......

Just ****ing fight. I loved the first one and wanna see it again.

Comment

LMFAO, what split....you can't split peanuts....the promoters split the revenue and Ward is unhappy with getting 5 million generating 0 profit...GTFO

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
              I think Kovalev should accept 60/40 in favour of Ward.
              I think 70 to 30 in Ward's favor. He came up to Kov weightclass and defeated him. Kovalev didn't do **** after that second round. Huge disappointment.

Comment

Who's making the offer, first of all? HBO would probably rather just forget about this rematch completely. Who would be crazy enough to fund this profitless fight again? Only way this fight happens is Andre Ward reducing his guarantee. Funny part is he wants more. Both sides may be waiting for nothing.
                Last edited by al-Xander; 02-04-2017, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brickyardigan View Post
                  I think 70 to 30 in Ward's favor. He came up to Kov weightclass and defeated him. Kovalev didn't do **** after that second round. Huge disappointment.
                  yes you are right. he wasn't able to knock ward down again therefore ward wins.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    yes you are right. he wasn't able to knock ward down again therefore ward wins.
                    Boone vs Kova III, third time is guaranteed to prove the winner!

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
                      I agree.... I don't get all these fans of his that want to support him being unreasonable with his demands, the first fight lost money from what I gather so why would a fan of the sport support someone asking for more.

It's like a poster on here said, some of these guys are just here to watch their favourite fighters get paid.

Ward is my dude but I'm a fan of the sport before any fighter. I can't support any BS no matter how much I like the fighter and this is some BS from Ward.
                      First off, I would propose that all fans want to see this fight. Its always been amusing to watch individuals who like the promotional details of the fight... but if people want to go there might as well go there correctly.

It is not as simple as just fighting. Many fighters have neglected to look at their career as a business, and wind up looking for nubs with meat on them in kentucky Fried Chicken dumpsters...Meanwhile guys like King and Arum...and add Oscar to that list, seem to understand that fights are promotional events, for better or for worse... and boxers are often simply the means to an end.

Andre Ward has a serious problem. Like Floyd pre-De La Hoya, ward does not draw a lot of fans from the casuals. Ward wants to transition to big paydays but there is no one to fight. So what does he do? fight to pick up the pennies? What do you think a payday looks like after everyone on your team gets paid? And what of the risks? Ward may feel like it is not worth it.

If Roc Nation really wanted this fight it would be buzzed in the news, they are not promoting this fight that i can see. probably because there is no one left for Ward to fight after this, hence no reason to take a loss on the fight to pay Ward and try to propel him to elite earning status. Of course it is different for Kovalev. He is at a different place in his career and can probably get bigger and fight cruiser eventually...hes also a big puncher which helps moving up.

Everybody talks about Ward but no party to this fight is trying to set up a situation where revenue is increased. If you put this on regular tv then what do you do to sell a pay per view when Ward fights his next opponent who is just a mandatory? Boxing is losing interest and this is an example...the fan base is not there. Scott W. suggested that maybe an interm fight could be had with the puncher from Canada, and then this fight staged...That might be the best solution frankly.

if I am Ward managing my career do I go into the ring for legacy? Do I fight to take home very little? risking my health? Or do I say "I can broadcast fights and if they want me let them pay me, nothing personal." its really between him and his people as you said, if they want this fight to go down they should be shouting it out> promoting the fight, and making it generate interest but they are kind of lacking...Duva doesn't help a bit.

Comment

Working...
                      X