No announcement yet.

The Official: "SOG" Ward vs "King" Kovalev II Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Graz View Post
    Kovalev was complacent last go around. I think he thought that KD in round 2 would clinch it for him.
    I think Kovavlev was too tentative in the first few rounds, even with the KD in 2, when he wasn't sure what Ward had. I then he took his foot off the gas in the back half, when he thought he had things well in hand. Kovalev says he didn't feel good in the back half, and fair enough, but I also think he let himself get lulled to a degree.

Personally, I don't think Ward will make it out of the middle rounds. A lot of what Kovalev hit Ward with bothered him, and I don't think Kovavlev will be as tentative at the outset.

Comment

• Originally posted by -=Shade=- View Post
      I think Kovavlev was too tentative in the first few rounds, even with the KD in 2, when he wasn't sure what Ward had. I then he took his foot off the gas in the back half, when he thought he had things well in hand. Kovalev says he didn't feel good in the back half, and fair enough, but I also think he let himself get lulled to a degree.

Personally, I don't think Ward will make it out of the middle rounds. A lot of what Kovalev hit Ward with bothered him, and I don't think Kovavlev will be as tentative at the outset.
      Totally agree. Kovalev was lulled as you say. This time he won't leave anything to chance. Should see an aggressive Kovalev this time with Ward trying to tie him up for as long as he can hold him off.

Comment

• I've scored the first fight 115-112 and 114-113 in favor of Kovalev. He's going to have to close the show big time to beat Ward. He's either going to have to stop Ward, or pitch a shutout. Can't leave it in the judges hands. Andre will make him pay if he makes that mistake again.

Comment

• HBO uploaded the full first fight today,

Comment

• "kovalev is landing the punches that the judges should be seeing" harold lederman after the third round. an explanation why many believe kovalev won. sergey was the one doing the hurting

Comment

• I'm going for Kovalev but this isn't going to be easy. Can't wait for Saturday

Comment

• Came across this guy on Youtube who really knows his stuff. Provides breakdowns which include the most intricate details. He is gonna start posting here. Anyway, here is one of his vids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_dI0dtqfuY&t=1209s

Comment

• I don't understand why NSB always votes overwhelmingly for either one guy by KO or the other by decision. It seems like people are again going either Kovalev by KO or Ward by decision in this fight. Like either one will happen or the other.

I suppose part of that is belief Kovalev can't win a decision, which I highly disagree with.

Comment

• All kov has to do go is to his left Ward has no right hand.

Comment

• I've changed my pick to Kovalev decision on the pick em. In this thread I picked Andre because he had the momentum & I thought his Gold medal class shined through.

After watching it again & again you can see what Kovalev has to do & I think it's an easy adjustment for him. His trademark jab to the body needs to come back. He can beat Ward to that punch all night, he's deceptively sharper than Ward. Most importantly he has to know in his head he's a better Boxer overall (@ range). Someone in his camp has to have drilled it in his head. Just because you're the Krusher you don't have to live up to that name. It's a 12 round fight. RBR.

Everyone thought Leo was just a come forward one-two Mexican brawler including me. Then he 'out boxes' the boxer with his physical advantages & cheeky feints. Credit to papa Santa Cruz. Let's see if Jackson has devised a game plan & can actually get a word in.

Comment

Working...
                      X