Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

haymon needs to stop headlining PBC cards with brawlers and add more chess matches...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• haymon needs to stop headlining PBC cards with brawlers and add more chess matches...

listen,figureroa and arreyola are decent and somewhat exciting fighters but they are not worth doing a entire national tv broadcast over

"b-but figureroa threw 10000 punches doe,that makes for great tv doe"

no,it really doesnt

the first couple of rounds were ecxiting but it got boring real quick,throwing 100 punches a round is nice if u got power behind it but figureroa couldnt throw or land with ferocity cause dude aint got no skills and thats the only way he can fight

now i gotta ask,where are the matches between two highly skilled technicians at??boxing is about hit and not get hit and thats what haymon should be showcasing on national tv broadcasts,not plodders who look like they are in a drunk bar fight. fights like that lower the quality of this great sport

and what was haymon thinking putting garcia vs gurerero in los angeles???

thers like no buzz for the fight around here,and i dont blame them

one pureto rican n*gga who dont even speak sp[anish against a dude from northern california who LA cats dont even **** with as the headliner..

uncle al should know LA and the bay area are big sports rivals

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
      listen,figureroa and arreyola are decent and somewhat exciting fighters but they are not worth doing a entire national tv broadcast over

no,it really doesnt

the first couple of rounds were ecxiting but it got boring real quick,throwing 100 punches a round is nice if u got power behind it but figureroa couldnt throw or land with ferocity cause dude aint got no skills and thats the only way he can fight

now i gotta ask,where are the matches between two highly skilled technicians at??boxing is about hit and not get hit and thats what haymon should be showcasing on national tv broadcasts,not plodders who look like they are in a drunk bar fight. fights like that lower the quality of this great sport
      Although I like a good chess match every now and then lets be honest, a chess match is never good for the sport. People want to see KO's, blood, and drama. No casual wants to watch a guy coast to a decision. People want to see their champs overcome adversity not play it safe and bore everybody. Technical boxing is an acquired taste for most people. It is not something you can force the casual viewer to enjoy or accept.

I hoep you were joking with this post because it should be so easy to see why playing chess doesn't work when you're trying to market yourself. Not everybody could be Floyd Mayweather.

Comment

No he doesn't

I like all styles, but casuals aren't going to get attracted and hooked on the sport with chess matches.

Casuals will get hooked watching shootouts & brawls and letting the best figt the best.

Defence wins championships but it doesn't draw fans in.

Comment

one pureto rican n*gga who dont even speak sp[anish against a dude from northern california who LA cats dont even **** with as the headliner..

Isn't LA like 50% Mexican? Surely you can find 4-5K to get behind Guerrero.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
            Although I like a good chess match every now and then lets be honest, a chess match is never good for the sport. People want to see KO's, blood, and drama. No casual wants to watch a guy coast to a decision. People want to see their champs overcome adversity not play it safe and bore everybody. Technical boxing is an acquired taste for most people. It is not something you can force the casual viewer to enjoy or accept.

I hoep you were joking with this post because it should be so easy to see why playing chess doesn't work when you're trying to market yourself. Not everybody could be Floyd Mayweather.
            it doenst always have to be a technical chess match,it can be boxer-puncher vs boxer which 90% of the time produces good fights,brawlers are fine to as long as they bring some skill to the table. unlike the figureroa figth
            Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
            Isn't LA like 50% Mexican? Surely you can find 4-5K to get behind Guerrero.
            guerero is hardly even mexican himself,he's what they call a pocho

u dont get a pass just for that alone

Comment

thuryman vs porter is a perfect example of a nice headliner type of fight yet i bet haymon is gonna save this fight for showtime instead of national TV on NBC or CBS

hell,even garcai vs guerrero is on showtime instead of NBC! why?? those are good fights (well,not really the garcia one but its decent(

Comment

no,it really doesnt

Man stfu you soft as hell Stax .

Comment

On the plus side, you can probably get free tickets for it if you want.

My guess is they're trying to expand Danny's fight brand out there, but it kind of doesn't work when nobody wants you over there

Comment

All he needs to do is pit his biggest names against each other and build stars in such manner. He has the quality names and more than enough of them to have them facing each other, sadly we get a bunch of mismatches and once in a blue moon a quality fight pops out of PBC.

Honestly, what did we gain from Figueroa vs Demarco this weekend? Nothing, absolutely nothing. That's a constant trend with the PBC brand, a bunch of fights that mount up to nothing. Looking at their roster we all know they can do so much more.

Comment

Working...
                    X