Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"David Haye's shoulder rehab better than expected. He started punching again!" Booth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
    I don't have time to debate this all day, so please refer yourself to point number three.
    point 3 was addressed a number of posts ago.. vitali asked for haye vs chisora to happen, he said he'd fight the winner..

haye proved himself by fighting exactly the opponent vitali asked him to beat in order to land a fight, but as soon as haye beat chisora then vitali vanished.

vitali had such a tough time with chisora that he probably thought chisora would beat haye which is probably why he asked for haye to fight him in the first place..

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
      Really? That's what happened?

Because I seem to recall Klitschko already being signed to fight Charr prior to Haye even stepping into the ring against Chisora, then Haye retires less than 4 months after beating Chisora.

Revisionist historian much?
      As far as I remember Vitali told Haye not to take the Chisora fight, whereas Haye said he'd do that fight and then fight Vitali later in the year.

Vitali didn't agree and the rest is history.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        As far as I remember Vitali told Haye not to take the Chisora fight, whereas Haye said he'd do that fight and then fight Vitali later in the year.

Vitali didn't agree and the rest is history.
        nah, it's all on video.. exact date vitali asked for the haye vs chisora fight was 18/2/12 in the post-fight press conference of vitali vs chisora when haye was calling him out. he said he'd fight the winner of haye vs chisora.. we also had the infamous "he glassed me" incident that day - and all those factors combined created a massive buzz for the haye vs chisora fight and the subsequent vital vs haye / chisora winner..

haye vs chisora stuck to their word and fought each other. vitali didn't stick to his word and fight the winner.

Comment

He'll never be the same again and being inactive for so long isn't going to help either. I feel the heavyweight division is making a slow recovery and Haye's time has passed to make an impact. Haye should just stay retired.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostBlade View Post
            He'll never be the same again and being inactive for so long isn't going to help either. I feel the heavyweight division is making a slow recovery and Haye's time has passed to make an impact. Haye should just stay retired.
            You could be right, he may never be the same again with an injury like that, it's surely going to effect his ability to punch with the same power. But still, even a 60% David Haye probably beats 95% of the heavyweight division.

Comment

Working...
            X