Collapse
No announcement yet.

No more HBO boxing shown in Canada.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcine big deal...Quebec is being their typical selves....they don't celebrate Canada day,only Quebec day....no surprise! I like French people but many want to seperate from Canada...it's too bad

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
      if it's a Quebec fighter I've seen this happen.you can thank the French....who is the undercard....David Lemieux?
      Its Alcine.

Seriously who gives a crap about Alcine outside of his direct family.

Comment

Look into "grey market" satellite tv if you are interested in getting the US HBO. I know there are Canadians who pay for US Directv services using a US address...

Comment

**** that canadian promoter...angulo would kick alcine's ass anyway and his fight is just an undercard so nobody will buy that ppv **** outside of quebec. good thing there's another option...the tua-barret fight on superchannel/shobox is also on saturday. and then tomorrow tsn is picking up the espn judah-sta cruz fight...after that the guerrero-smith fight will be shown on superchannel.

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
            **** that canadian promoter...angulo would kick alcine's ass anyway and his fight is just an undercard so nobody will buy that ppv **** outside of quebec. good thing there's another option...the tua-barret fight on superchannel/shobox is also on saturday. and then tomorrow tsn is picking up the espn judah-sta cruz fight...after that the guerrero-smith fight will be shown on superchannel.
            Thats awsome! I didn't know about this.

Super Channel is doing a great job picking up smaller shows (besides the Showtime stuff) like the TKO shows, the Troy Ross fight etc.

I would seriously encourage boxing fans to write them and ask for more boxing, I did and they were nice enough to respond saying that they are always looking for more shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Malone View Post
              Look into "grey market" satellite tv if you are interested in getting the US HBO. I know there are Canadians who pay for US Directv services using a US address...
              Unless something radically changed in the past few weeks, I wouldn't recommend this IMO. The 'system' hasn't worked properly for a year now and might never work again. There are ways around it but its somewhat dangerous (or at least a lot more then it was before) and from what I understand there are no more PPV's, so its not worth the hassle.

EDIT: just re-read what you wrote. You are talking about card sharing, not FTA. Nevermind.
              Last edited by RSBonos; 07-15-2010, 10:30 PM.

Comment

i bet they get manny's fights free in the philippines

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                  Alcine big deal...Quebec is being their typical selves....they don't celebrate Canada day,only Quebec day....no surprise! I like French people but many want to seperate from Canada...it's too bad
                  Typical selves, Canada day... i could be mean here but since i know its only ignorance that makes talk like that i will be polite. So ill do the teacher, in Quebec we speak French, the schools are in french, i had only 3 english course in all my education and i did go to Universite of Montreal, our culture is not the same as your culture. In the rest of Canada, its the opposite you have schools in English. Just for fun, write me back in French so you can start to understand the difference. By the way language is not the only difference...
                  Last edited by Megamasterking; 07-15-2010, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RSBonos View Post
                    Thats awsome! I didn't know about this.

Super Channel is doing a great job picking up smaller shows (besides the Showtime stuff) like the TKO shows, the Troy Ross fight etc.

I would seriously encourage boxing fans to write them and ask for more boxing, I did and they were nice enough to respond saying that they are always looking for more shows.
                    superchannel also got the strikeforce mma fights so it's all good. i subscribed to both hbo and superchannel mainly because of boxing and so far i'm more satisfied with superchannel. i'll try to write them online like what you did...but i think that canadian promoter have the rights to show the fight not only in quebec for the whole canada.

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
                      superchannel also got the strikeforce mma fights so it's all good. i subscribed to both hbo and superchannel mainly because of boxing and so far i'm more satisfied with superchannel. i'll try to write them online like what you did...but i think that canadian promoter have the rights to show the fight not only in quebec for the whole canada.
                      True, but its not like Superchannel is only buying fights with Canadian fighters, they seem to want to broadcast lower budget shows for cheap...and in reality there are sooooooo many international shows that they could show, that's why I mentioned writing because me and you and a whole bunch of other people only subscribe to them for boxing. HBO Canada won't show non-HBO shows but Superchannel is willing to show additional non-Showtime events.

Comment

Working...
                      X