No announcement yet.

Sonny Liston vs Joe Louis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonny Liston vs Joe Louis

How does this fight go? Could Liston walk though Louis? Or could Louis ko Liston?

discuss

I sincerely hope this is some kind of a sick joke? Contrary to what old Malone would have you believe based from his viewing of ali-liston 2(pretty much the only liston fight he has watched) liston could take a punch

could the same be said for Joe louis?

Liston via first jab thrown

Comment

Originally posted by princemanspoper View Post
      I sincerely hope this is some kind of a sick joke? Contrary to what old Malone would have you believe based from his viewing of ali-liston 2(pretty much the only liston fight he has watched) liston could take a punch

could the same be said for Joe louis?

Liston via first jab thrown
      are you a alt?

Comment

Liston had a puncher's chance against anyone without fast feet and an great chin.

Comment

Ha ha, this is going to be a volatile thread. Too close to call at their peaks, Liston has the size, reach, weight, the better chin and the heavier punch. Louis has the speed, accuracy and consistency.

These guys could meet several times and swap results. I honestly think that if we are looking at a distance fight I'd slightly favour Louis's boxing but if there was to be a KO it'd be coming from Liston.

Comment

Sonny Liston had a great chin,better than Joe Louis.This is important.

Louis would be in a surprize when Liston would out jab him with his long reach.Liston's jab is also harder than the brown bomber's.Liston also had about 15-20 pounds on Louis.

Louis's punches were faster than Liston's,and his great combination punching.But Sonny had more power in both hands.

I believe Liston's ability to take Joe's punches,and establish the jab are the most important factor's of the fight.

I see Liston stopping Louis in between 6-10 rounds.

Comment

Long as you guys picking Liston realize that he wasn't at his peak for the Ali fights, I'm cool with it. Otherwise...you may be some serious Ali huggers.

Comment

Originally posted by St Lion View Post
                are you a alt?
                No but I'm starting to think you are.Obama was the greatest first class dunce I've seen on here and you match him q to q(Or is that I to Q?)so I have my suspicions

Comment

Originally posted by princemanspoper View Post
                  No but I'm starting to think you are.Obama was the greatest first class dunce I've seen on here and you match him q to q(Or is that I to Q?)so I have my suspicions
                  yes you are a alt FACT

Comment

liston by 2nd round ko....joe louis did not have the chin or the movement to last with liston....if you think im hating go look at listons prime when he was knockin out top fighters cold in the 1st round....

Comment

Working...
                    X