No announcement yet.

Turkish gameshow attempts to convert atheists

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] Turkish gameshow attempts to convert atheists

A new gameshow on Turkish television will pit rabbis, imams, monks and priests against each other in an attempt to convert sworn aetheists to their respective religions.

Published: 6:14AM BST 03 Jul 2009

Religious leaders will seek to convert at least one of the 10 atheists in each episode to their faith. Photo: GETTY

In Penitents Compete (Tovbekarlar Yarisiyor in Turkish), religious leaders will seek to convert at least one of the 10 atheists in each episode to their faith. Those that crack will win a pilgrimage to the spiritual home of their newly chosen faith, Muslims will go to Mecca, Jews and Christians will go to Jerusalem and Buddhists will go to Tibet, the Guardian reports.
    According to the show's slogans, contestants will also win "serenity" and "the biggest prize ever... the belief in God".

The producers behind the programme hope it will promote religious beliefs and educate the country's majority Muslim population about other faiths.
    "The project aims to turn disbelievers on to God," Ahmet Ozdemir, the station's deputy director, told the Hürriyet Daily News and Economic Review.

The competition is strictly limited to non-believers and contestants will be vetted by an eight-strong commission of theologians before they are allowed to take part.

Converts will then be monitored to ensure their religious transformation is genuine and not simply contrived to gain a free holiday. "They can't see this trip as a getaway, but as a religious experience," Mr Ozdemir said.
    However, the programme, which is scheduled to air in September, has been criticised by commentators and religious figures for trivialising God and faith.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-atheists.html

The imams shoud win this. A sure fire way to convert me to a religion is to threaten to cut my head off and muslims have long used such a "technique" to gain followers.

The Catholics at one point would have had a good shout, because they used to set people on fire for not converting. Nowadays they just subtly hint that they might set you on fire after you die. Far less of a threat.

Comment

Jews don't want to convert anybody, they won't let any Goys came into their religion.
      Buddhists may surprise Christians and Muslims coz you can ****, drink or smoke if you're a buddhist. They say it's just a philosophy.

Comment

Game OVER

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          The imams shoud win this. A sure fire way to convert me to a religion is to threaten to cut my head off and muslims have long used such a "technique" to gain followers.

The Catholics at one point would have had a good shout, because they used to set people on fire for not converting. Nowadays they just subtly hint that they might set you on fire after you die. Far less of a threat.
          u is going to hell

Comment

I want to see how they try and convert these atheists, it should be pretty funny.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post

Why am i not surprised you came out with this Garbage?

Comment

Originally posted by minion View Post
                Why am i not surprised you came out with this Garbage?
                Because you're an idiot?

Comment

Working...
                X