No announcement yet.

Marciano would be ashamed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marciano would be ashamed

Rocky Marciano was a class act in and out of the ring. After stopping his hero Joe Louis, he went to his dressing room crying and apologized. Thats the kind of man he was. If the Rock were around today would he be proud or ashamed of fans like Slimey Limey who denigrate people anf fighters Marciano had the utmost respect for?
    Rock would be proud of his biased and ignorant fans
    13.33%
    Rocky is rolling over in his grave at the thought such low lifes taking up for him
    86.67%

The poll is expired.

Good post 100% agree, though by Slimey's reckoning that makes me a fake Rocky fan lol

Comment

As great as he was, this trend of downgrading and ridiculing the opponent really started with Muhammad Ali....there have been many imitators since then.

Comment

Slimes views are purely one dimensional.. I'm through with slaggin the guy (unless I've had a few JD's lol) cos he don't get it... It's not his fault.. I'm a firm believer that every brain has a weakness.. In Slimes case, it's the part that evaluates facts.. The frustration then activates his acute Tourette Syndrome..

Comment

Fans like that are the minority, Most of us are respectful, I for one respect every man who has the guts to enter the ring, and i respect the hell out of Joe Louis.

Ofcourse Rocky would be ashamed of some of these people who feel the need to trash talk other Great Fighters. Saying they were cowards etc... But in reality if these so called fans were told to box they would most likly die of fear while walking up the ring steps.

But as i said Most of us Rocky Fans are good People with good knowledge and respect not only the fighters but we respect the sport.

ROOSTER
          Last edited by 0Rooster4Life0; 07-06-2009, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 0Rooster4Life0 View Post
            Fans like that are the minority, Most of us are respectful, I for one respect every man who has the guts to enter the ring, and i respect the hell out of Joe Louis.

Ofcourse Rocky would be ashamed of some of these people who feel the need to trash talk other Great Fighters. Saying they were cowards etc... But in reality if these so called fans were told to box they would most likly die of fear while walking up the ring steps.

But as i said Most of us Rocky Fans are good People with good knowledge and respect not only the fighters but we respect the sport.

ROOSTER
            Most are respectful. Im a fan of his myself, but I just can't imagine a man who was so respectful of others ever condoning the disrespect spewed by some of these morons, and in his name.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
              Most are respectful. Im a fan of his myself, but I just can't imagine a man who was so respectful of others ever condoning the disrespect spewed by some of these morons, and in his name.

I agree 100% with you.

there the minority.but they are the loudest

and all this reminds me of somthing the great Archie Moore once said.

"The Empty Wagon Always Makes The Most Noise"

ROOSTER

Comment

Originally posted by 0Rooster4Life0 View Post
                I agree 100% with you.

there the minority.but they are the loudest

and all this reminds me of somthing the great Archie Moore once said.

"The Empty Wagon Always Makes The Most Noise"

ROOSTER
                Lol, I like that my friend.

Comment

I have serious doubts that a poster that calls himself Slimey Limey and acts like an ignorant arse most of the time, is actually a real Marciano fan at all.

Comment

Originally posted by alfredkubin View Post
                    As great as he was, this trend of downgrading and ridiculing the opponent really started with Muhammad Ali....there have been many imitators since then.
                    Ali was not the first guy to downgrade and ridicule an opponent.

He was just more charismatic than the others and there's more film of his antics.

Tony Galento, for one, loved to talk ****. Joe Louis said the only guys he hated were Schmeling and Galento (he ended up being friends with both of them).
                    Last edited by Thread Stealer; 07-06-2009, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X