Fighter of the Year Nominations

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SRR with his wins over Gonzalez.

Comment

1. Crawford - Pulled of something that hasn't been done in a long time and in dominating fashion.
      2. Sor Rungvisai - It's great he pulled off the upset twice, but it's still only against one guy.
      3. AJ - Quality win against Wlad, but lost several rounds and was dropped. His performance against Takam was not very impressive either.

*If Loma handles Rigo the way Floyd handled Marquez then put him at #2 and drop AJ, if he wins in an unimpressive fashion then put him at #3

Comment

Eubank jnr

Comment

Originally posted by Rovi View Post
          What about some less highlighted ones. Miguel Berchelt did good this year, vs Francisco Vargas n Takashi Miura.
          Jmall Charlo sounded his name, had good wins vs Trout n Julian Williams.
          Good discussion to have but not in a fighter of the year context.

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
          vote goes to sor... only because he was a nobody and wasnt given much of a chance.

crawford and joshua were the favorite in their matches so it was no surprise when they came out victorious.
          Rank a top 3 or the vote gets invalidated.

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
          crawford or rungvisai if he beats estrada later on this year
          lol what?

Comment

Crawford - 22

Rungvisai - 14

Joshua - 7

Golovkin - 6

M Garcia - 5

Ward - 3

Spence - 1

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              Good discussion to have but not in a fighter of the year context.

Rank a top 3 or the vote gets invalidated.

lol what?
              Aren't they fighting at the end of December or something?

Just checked it's next year in February

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                Crawford - 22

Rungvisai - 14

Joshua - 7

Golovkin - 6

M Garcia - 5

Ward - 3

Spence - 1
                Are you gonna make a poll? Or you wanna wait till more fights happen?

Comment

Going with Crawford man. The guy is EXACTLY what true boxing fans want, someone who is technically superior, controls the pace of the fight, and shuts down the opponent at will. He's had some out of the ring situations that I don't like but hopefully these were "missteps" that won't be a potential career derailer. As far as boxing goes though, Crawford has been one of my favorites since that Prescott fight.

I've seen his skill and what types of adjustments he makes to move the fight where he wants it. He has the talents that you can't teach and this skill is what makes him superior to his opposition. I wish the best for him and feel that he is truly a P4P elite level type of a boxer. I'd pick him to beat Spence, Thurman, Garcia and Pac.

Comment

Nobody stood out. I'd say Rungvisai but i thought he lost the first fight.

Comment

1. Golovkin - He beat the 2 best ( regardless of the BS Canelo decision ) in a deep division and continued hold on to the #1 spot and his straps , Both were big fights

2. Mickey Garcia - Beat a undeafted champion in stellar fashion and went up in weight and beat a big name in Broner with relative ease

3. Ward - although fighting just once , I think with KOIng Kov he should be in the consideration.

I can't give it to Bud even though I think he's a thug. Diaz was a decent fight but his biggest W is over a unproven Sammy V and a close fight with Lamont. But He was never a champion and I don't think he's ever beat a former champion. The Indongo fight while great to watch, Indongo hasn't really proven sh.it He beat Tryvosky who's never beaten anyone and Burns who is past prime and at the time he beat him isn't anything special and he got his strap off Di Rocco. I mean a year and a half ago Indongo was fighting pretty much fighting exclusively out of the boxing hotbed of Nambia
                      Props should go to Crawford for getting all 4 straps but I think it's more of a case with being with the right promoter and being at the right place at the right time in the weakest division.

Comment

Working...
                      X