No announcement yet.

Fighter of the Year Nominations

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    It will probably be Lomachenko but also GGG deserves it as much. He beat two top fighters and one of them was in the biggest fight of the year.

If neither of them I'd say Crawford or Rungvisai. Crawford's win over Diaz is definitely underrated. Diaz beat Lamont Peterson last year and got stiffed and would probably have beaten every other 140 pounder and some of the top welterweights.
    Thats an exaggeration of Diaz tbh who had one somewhat ok performance before crawford and nothing since. BUT TC is second on my list so I obviously rate his overall achievement which is rare these days.

Loma might have a great shout depending on how the next fight goes.

I can't really rank GGG as one of the top 3 this year as he had an ok win over Jacobs (he's had better) or the lack of clarity over Canelo, who he should have beaten more handily considering the size, power and experience disparity. Not enough to go over Rung imo.

ANYWAY, as I keep saying, list your top 3, from top to bottom, so I can add in nominations, with the top choice getting 3 points, second 2 and third 1.

Comment

I agree with what a lot of posters, if Lomachenko beats Rigondeaux, he should be best fighter of 2017. If he loses, I'd vote for Rungvisai or Crawford. I'd lean more towards Crawford.

Golovkin, Ward, Joshua, and Spence all had good a year, but not as deserving to be fighter of the year. Two of them only fought once this year, one of them had two close fights, and the other was in the fight of the year candidate, but didn't look too impressive in his other outing.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        Thats an exaggeration of Diaz tbh who had one somewhat ok performance before crawford and nothing since. BUT TC is second on my list so I obviously rate his overall achievement which is rare these days.

Loma might have a great shout depending on how the next fight goes.

I can't really rank GGG as one of the top 3 this year as he had an ok win over Jacobs (he's had better) or the lack of clarity over Canelo, who he should have beaten more handily considering the size, power and experience disparity. Not enough to go over Rung imo.

ANYWAY, as I keep saying, list your top 3, from top to bottom, so I can add in nominations, with the top choice getting 3 points, second 2 and third 1.
        Up to now
        1. GGG
        2. Crawford
        3. Rungvisai
        ---

But I think Lomachenko will be #1 or 2 when he wins next month.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
          Up to now
          1. GGG
          2. Crawford
          3. Rungvisai
          ---

But I think Lomachenko will be #1 or 2 when he wins next month.
          Awesome!

Finally someone who gets the point.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxnation fan View Post
            Actually you do need to EXPLAIN and JUSTIFY that one!

Joshua beats a 41 year old Heavyweight coming off an 18 month lay off and a Heavy Defeat to his previous opponent and Also beating a Fringe Heavyweight Contender by a controversial Stoppage does not make you a CLEAR NUMBER 1 FIGHTER OF THE YEAR.
            I like AJ but the way hes overrated around here is just too much. that win over klitz is overrated but when Floyd beat Oscar, and mosley everyone said the wins were not anything special.

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
              I like AJ but the way hes overrated around here is just too much. that win over klitz is overrated but when Floyd beat Oscar, and mosley everyone said the wins were not anything special.
              Can you and "the usuals" stop bringing Mayweather into everything. He got huge amounts of credit for fighting Oscar and Hatton in the same year, was roundly ranked the best fighter on the planet and retired as a "atg" at the end of that year.

AJ got a spectacular win in a spectacular fight against the last great fighter left, who came to really fight and looked amazing. Some of the shots he landed, particularly that gunshot right hand, would have KOd every other fighter in the division.

plus, all of this is in context of the year. GGG/Canelo could have made themselves stand outs but barely got a fight going in what I now label a "super spar".

The two best arguments are for Crawford and Rung, the latter however squeaked by in a controversial first fight and the former was undisputed but didnt beat anyone even approaching the p4p top 10, let alone greatness. Its why these two guys rank below AJ, but arguments of them ranking higher are valid too and many have voted that way.

None of this has to do with what Mayweather did 10 years ago.

Comment

Ok updated:

Crawford - 12

Joshua - 6

Rungvisai - 4

Golovkin - 4

M Garcia - 2

Ward - 2

Spence - 1

At the end of the month, anyone with less than 4 points will be taken out of the running. Although, after the culmination of Loma/Rigo, anyone who has previously listed, will be allowed to amend those top 3s but this is only with regards to that particular fighter.

Comment

-MEGA-

ad this one por favour

Comment

Clearly crawford

Dominated both his fights

Comment

Crawford

Rungvisai

Golovkin

In that order.

The outcome of Loma-Rigo is irrelevant for FOTY award for obvious reasons.

Comment

Working...
                      X