Aaron Pryor R.I.P.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
    "...the one I mixed"
    i remember that mysterious black bottle, it probably had some kind of ephedrine in it.

Comment

According to Luis Resto, it was an over the counter asthma tablet dissolved into the water, which opened up the airways, increasing lung capacity and giving a burst of energy. He mentions it on a great documentary called Assault In The Ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        According to Luis Resto, it was an over the counter asthma tablet dissolved into the water, which opened up the airways, increasing lung capacity and giving a burst of energy. He mentions it on a great documentary called Assault In The Ring.
        Is that illegal? RIP to the Hawk. Unfortunately, we will never be sure just how good he was and what was drug assisted. He was at minimum an ATG at 140, and likely the GOAT at that weight if he was clean all the way.

Comment

RIP Hawk. Will rock his pics in sig and avi in his honor

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
            Is that illegal? RIP to the Hawk. Unfortunately, we will never be sure just how good he was and what was drug assisted. He was at minimum an ATG at 140, and likely the GOAT at that weight if he was clean all the way.
            Yeah it is. Only water is allowed in the corner to drink in between rounds without anything added to it. Also illegal was when Lewis took a lot of the stuffing out of Resto's gloves, which led to serious injuries to Billy Collins, Luis' opponent, leaving him blind for a few days because of swelling. They cover this pretty well in the doc, highly recommended.

Comment

Yeah, obviously taking the padding out was illegal. I didn't know it has to be pure water in the corner. No Gator-aid.

Comment

Pryor brought the heat. The hawk, RIP Aaron.

Comment

Working...
                X