Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Brook have to fight similar to Gabriel Rosado?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Brook have to fight similar to Gabriel Rosado?

Gabriel Rosado had mild success against GGG,

he hit him with some nice uppercuts and backed him off.

Flying counter right

He used a lot of movement

I can see a lot of Brook in him....only Rosado is taller, bigger and has a longer reach...

In the end Rosado gassed, and could no longer sustain the movement and the fight was waved off due to a cut i believe...

Brook needs to fight like kell brook.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      Brook needs to fight like kell brook.
      That would not be a wise idea...

I'm thinking of ways Brook can walk away without getting seriously hurt...

Rosado was doing good, but once GGG started landing his right, it all went downhill from there

Like Rosado, Brook has a nice uppercut, he has a quick counter right hand and a solid jab

I'm pissed off we didnt get this Eubank fight, because he is the master of the uppercut...he would have pushed GGG to the absolute limit in my eyes...

When Eubank throws those multiple uppercuts, his chin is nicely tucked in, problem with Brook is when he throws his uppercut, he is there for the counter

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post

Rosado was doing good, but once GGG started landing his right, it all went downhill from there

Like Rosado, Brook has a nice uppercut, he has a quick counter right hand and a solid jab

I'm pissed off we didnt get this Eubank fight, because he is the master of the uppercut...he would have pushed GGG to the limit in my eyes...
        Stylistically, Eubank would have maybe provided some issues. He can definitely fight on the inside, has a good engine and a solid chin.

Would have been good to see.

Comment

I was at that fight. Rosado lost every second of the fight. The pressure Golovkin applied with his footwork at power jab was brilliant even though he didn't really unload his usual power shots (he had the flu and the fight almost was canceled).

Brook needs to use some side to side movement and try to jab before Golovkin gets there. If Golovkin gets him retreating, its over.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            Stylistically, Eubank would have maybe provided some issues. He can definitely fight on the inside, has a good engine and a solid chin.

Would have been good to see.
            Eubank imo would be the toughest fight for GGG at 160....He is awkward, he rips into the body, he throws brutal uppercuts, and beautiful combinations. He also has the size, mass and reach... and a granite chin.

Although maybe its better the fight didnt happen, Eubank Jr can now get a little more experience under his belt...

Comment

Gabriel Rosado had mild success against GGG,

he hit him with some nice uppercuts and backed him off.

Flying counter right

He used a lot of movement

I can see a lot of Brook in him....only Rosado is taller, bigger and has a longer reach...

In the end Rosado gassed, and could no longer sustain the movement and the fight was waved off due to a cut i believe...
              I'd disagree that Rosado gassed; that cut was making a mess of his face and his eye was closing up pretty quick, so his trainer protected him.

Still, Rosado provides the most extensive blueprint of what can be effective against Golovkin; good multiple jab (head/body/busy/heavy/etc), effective movement, action on the inside, and using boxing craft to dictate space.

Golovkin likes to 1)stalk an opponent as he comes forward [like a shark in the ocean] and 2) fire off his own shots from medium punch range.

You move him off of either of those points (making him stop/fight off the backfoot, keep the fight in close or long), and he's a normal fighter.

Whether Kell Brook is physically sturdy enough (Golovkin dragged Rosado up the full 6lbs from junior middleweight) or has enough heat on that 'chocolate brownie' to keep Golovkin honest (no different than Floyd, who was not a massive puncher beyond 140, Floyd hit hard enough that Cotto/Alvarez/Oscar couldn't just walk through his shots as if he were Paulie Malignaggi) are the keys to the fight.

Comment

Even though Rosado moved up one division to fight GGG, he wasn't undersized against him so he could handle his strength just enough for the first couple of rounds. I don't know all of Brook's opponents but I'm fairly confident that is probably the first time he is going against someone that is both bigger in build and stronger than him. I don't think he can box better than GGG at the distance and I think he would get out muscled in the clinch. This should be one of GGG's easiest fights.

Comment

I don't think any game plan will work for him. He bit off more than he can chew. He should just fight his natural style as a skillful boxer and a hard puncher with a fast, accurate and powerful straight right. Nobody has hurt GGG yet and I doubt Brook will be the one to hurt him.I think GGG will give him a one sided beat down regardless of what style he uses. He is a 7 to 1 underdog for good reason.

Comment

I'm pissed off we didnt get this Eubank fight, because he is the master of the uppercut...he would have pushed GGG to the absolute limit in my eyes...

When Eubank throws those multiple uppercuts, his chin is nicely tucked in, problem with Brook is when he throws his uppercut, he is there for the counter
                    While I don't think Rosado did particularly well, I agree that Brook's style works for welters, not someone who is taller, more durable, and infinitely more powerful. Brook doesn't look particularly flexible and will be less so with added weight. I really don't see many ways for him to win other than drilling some clever traps and maneuvers that he can implement and hope GGG won't adapt to. Truthfully, he'll have to fight like Amir Khan with the pushing, headlocks, quick 1 or 1+2 then OUT. A Khan-like gameplan would actually be his best avenue, IMO. He's got to be evasive.

Comment

Working...
                    X