No announcement yet.

whats the best way to get in shape in ur opinion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
    The only problem is that it is very time consuming and you would burn more calories running the same distance and it would be much less time.
    Liposuction is even faster...

Comment

The only problem is that it is very time consuming and you would burn more calories running the same distance and it would be much less time.
      If he can run that distance then he should try it. It's doubtful he can run far distances if he isn't in shape. At the beginning of this academic year I was walking back from university quite often and it took me 55 minutes first time, 45 minutes second and 40 minutes third. I could not run that distance, I would get tired like a third of the way in. Combining a mixture of walking and running would be great. I prefer the crosstrainer myself over the treadmill, in fact I prefer running on the road to the treadmill. The treadmill beats the bike in the gym though. Crosstrainer puts so much less pressure on the joints, after like 10 minutes my shins really start to hurt so I just end up jumping on something else as well. I feel as though I can workout longer and at a better pace on the cross trainer. Just putting this personal experience info here to give the TS more info to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by DIB420 View Post
        Liposuction is even faster...
        Wow what a terrible point you are trying to make.

Seriously..... walking?

Comment

Wow what a terrible point you are trying to make.

Seriously..... walking?

The question was the best way to get into shape... Not the fastest...
          You made the point that running would burn calories faster than walking, this is true, I countered that liposuction would remove fat faster than both. Lipo might not be an option for someone without the finances or someone who doesn't agree with elective surgeries, much like running might not be an option for someone who is grossly out of shape, or elderly.

Burning calories isn't measured by distance, its a combination of intensity and duration. Walking is less intense than running, therefor the duration of the excersize must be longer.
          However if someone runs improperly or is out of shape, not only can they probably not run a mile, but would likely cause injury in the process.

So yes, running will get you into shape faster. But in my opinion walking is a better way to get into shape and stay in shape for the duration of your life. (show me the 80 year olds running that 8 minute mile?)
          Last edited by DIB42; 01-06-2013, 03:03 AM.

Comment

running and watching your diet.

years ago i was hoovering around 240lbs. dedicated about 8 months to running and eating well and i was back to my svelt 175lb self.

Comment

Lifting smart and watching what you eat.

Walking? Really guys?

wtf
              no kidding. this is a forum for men who like boxing and with that goes the assumption that hard work will fit into the equation as a known variable if we're talking about getting into shape. getting into shape is no simple thing, this is known. walking? if i were like 60 or something. anything that keeps that heart rate elevated for more than 20 mins will get you there over a prolonged period of time.

if one is not wanting to be that 'fat guy' anymore - then hardwork is a definite and i just don't see walking for 8 miles as 'hardwork'

Comment

Run more, eat less...

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
                  no kidding. this is a forum for men who like boxing and with that goes the assumption that hard work will fit into the equation as a known variable if we're talking about getting into shape. getting into shape is no simple thing, this is known. walking? if i were like 60 or something. anything that keeps that heart rate elevated for more than 20 mins will get you there over a prolonged period of time.

if one is not wanting to be that 'fat guy' anymore - then hardwork is a definite and i just don't see walking for 8 miles as 'hardwork'
                  Walking keeps the heart rate in the fat burining zone, takes longer to burn the calories, but you just burn fat. However for losing weight you could burn the same amount of fat and some muscles doing sprints for 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by DIB420 View Post
                    The question was the best way to get into shape... Not the fastest...
                    You made the point that running would burn calories faster than walking, this is true, I countered that liposuction would remove fat faster than both. Lipo might not be an option for someone without the finances or someone who doesn't agree with elective surgeries, much like running might not be an option for someone who is grossly out of shape, or elderly.

Burning calories isn't measured by distance, its a combination of intensity and duration. Walking is less intense than running, therefor the duration of the excersize must be longer.
                    However if someone runs improperly or is out of shape, not only can they probably not run a mile, but would likely cause injury in the process.

So yes, running will get you into shape faster. But in my opinion walking is a better way to get into shape and stay in shape for the duration of your life. (show me the 80 year olds running that 8 minute mile?)
                    First of all it all starts at dieting. If you aren't changing your diet accordingly the weight wont come off.

There are just so many more efficient and accessible ways to exercise than walking. Lifting for an hour will get you in better shape than walking for 4 hours, biking will get you in better shape if the core of your exercising regimen is walking then there is a serious problem with it. If you want to supplement your workout with it (like walking to work rather than driving, but even then biking would be better) that is fine, but if you would rather walk than lift, bike, run, or any other option I guarantee getting in shape will be a very slow process.

Comment

to get in shape for a boxer i think practice is the keyword....
                      practice practice and more practice....!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X