No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence vs. Carlos Ocampo Ordered By The IBF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    You want a fighter to fight 3-4 times a year you gonna get 2 or 3 trash opponents. But he's active doe
    Doe? Is that English? Baby deer?

Comment

• This is good news. Everyone already knows Thurman is facing Vargas in April and then most likely Porter at the end of the year. If Thurman is somehow shamed or forced to facing Spence after Vargas, Spence would still be ready. Who else is going to face Spence right now?

Bottom line, no elite or even second or third tier ww's are facing Spence before the fall at the earliest. He can face this mandatory, which is what many mandatories have seem to become- an easy win, something to stay busy, with minimal risk. The more chances I have to watch Spence fight, the better. All these abc organizations are b.s. and everyone has known this. Gives Spence someone to fight, probably one of the best ww's willing to face him next, so this is all good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cigar View Post
        Doe? Is that English? Baby deer?
        A term we say around here. I forgot who started it but it started with a Broner fan. When he would do something stupid the fan would say "But he still young doe" doe=though

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          What happened to Ponomarev? Bit*h move! This would be an ideal fight for Texas! Not a good look for May (Canelo vs. GGG II), but sometime close to the NBA Finals would be good!
          Ponomarev is terrified of Spence. He said no to the IBF eliminator to fight Brook. Ducked eliminators to get the chance to fight Spence after he beat Brook.... dude doesn't want to be anywhere near him... and it's sad. Porter who is a local native and I support him a lot... pretty much ducked spence. Thurman has forever....Garcia wants nothing to do with him either.... it's insane.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
            Hold the **** up, who did Ocampo even fight to get this position?
            His eliminator opponent ducked him for fear of winning and having to fight Spence.

Comment

• I saw Konstantin fight on Loma's undercard awhile back.

Dude was getting touched up by a Mexican journeyman. Spence would legitimately send the kid to the hospital. Crawford will fight him later this year and end it in under four...

Comment

• Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                Kevin Bizier, Gavin Reese, and JoJo Dan back-to-back-to-back. I feel what you're saying but you can't fight that many no hopers consecutively.
                Frankie Gavin, but yeah, the point holds; still, having his leg almost cut off also had an impact on the matchups, tbf.

Comment

• cool, as long as he fights again this year after this

Comment

• Originally posted by bronx7 View Post
                    I thought Thurman doesn’t have to fight Mandatory Porter after tuneup? But Spence does? Told you 2019 wake up to politics and 6 month buildup
                    ...Porter is Keith Thurman's mandatory, though, for the WBC that's been due since basically after Danny Garcia beat Robert Guerrero for the vacant WBC 147lb belt.

The WBC gave him a pass for the injury, and the WBC would also hold off on the mandatory if it meant a title unification (unsure if that courtesy extends to the WBO, as they've refused to align organization efforts with the WBC/WBA/IBF).

Keith Thurman gets his tune-up, but will then have to fight either Shawn Porter or Errol Spence Jr next, and either Danny Garcia or Errol Spence Jr after that.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoshik View Post
                      Sir, your P4P list is impeccable. I'm from Chi Town and I lived in Wrigleyville for the 2016 WS. It was incredible.
                      I appreciate that! Ironically, I'm from the neighborhood where the White Sox play (Bridgeport) haha, but I've been a Cubs fan my whole life. WGN reeled me in early! The atmosphere everywhere in the Chi in 2016 was nuts! I cried like a baby after Game 7

Comment

Working...
                      X