Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I'm not particularly interested in the skin tone or ethnicity of the posters on here, it is remarkable how two fighters with some very notable similarities in both style and attributes can be so polarising, isn't it? What I am noting is that the vast majority of GGG fans seem also to like Spence, whereas the inverse does not seem to hold.

Comment

A British poster that thinks Quigg is the best...

To answer the question, if “black fans” were hyping Spence at 147, cause the context is 147 (who unfortunately beat Brook... which influenced the thread), it would be rather hard for these fans to stay away from Joshua or Wilder or Crawford or Charlo... because it’s rather hard to shroud such fighters because of their skin color...

Or rather, all these fighters mentioned equate to GGG, meaning, if GGG fans are strictly “white,” then it’s rather funny how other non black fighters aren’t mentioned such as Kova or Horn or even funnier, Canelo...

Comment

Yes this is clearly racial.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
          While I'm not particularly interested in the skin tone or ethnicity of the posters on here, it is remarkable how two fighters with some very notable similarities in both style and attributes can be so polarising, isn't it? What I am noting is that the vast majority of GGG fans seem also to like Spence, whereas the inverse does not seem to hold.
          What a load of bollocks.

Comment

GGG pretty much cleaned out the division and was at one time, fighting 3 times a year. Spence arrived at the world level 8 months ago and is just having his first defence...against Peterson lol

Anyway I like Spence but he has to fight 2 more times this year with no gimmes, make it Thurman and whoever is left in the division (wont be TC because of obvious reasons).

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
              ****** barret looking stupid as usual. spence's best win is one of golovkin's left overs, kell brook.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                It's not a race/color thing, it's more that big punchers and exciting destroyer type fighters always get a lot of hype. Not a bad thing at all, these guys make boxing extremely interesting with their style.
                This right here.

Any guy who consistently crushes foes, no matter their caliber, creates a buzz and we all know that GGG and Spence have cause plenty of destruction.

Someone has to balance out the Laras of the boxing world.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                  What a load of bollocks.
                  Which ones don't? Which posters have expressed the opinion that Spence is not good or very good, or that they don't like him? Best I can see most like him but are also warning against getting too carried away. Much like some folk were warning not to get too carried away with Golovkin.

Just goes to prove what I always said - all you fanboys and haters are just different sides of the same coin.
                  Last edited by Citizen Koba; 01-21-2018, 06:28 AM.

Comment

I don't think he's getting that much hype, some but not on the level Golovkin was or even Broner was and his win over Brook is a pretty damn good win.

But the Brook fight did show his flaws. He has a very wide stance, he likes to be set to punch and likes to get off first. Brook showed when he's pushed back and beaten to the punch he can struggle. Had Brook not gassed and his eye not been damaged it would of been a much tougher fight.

Spence is very good but I think he'll fall short of some peoples expectations,

Comment

Redd Foxx larry$

If this thread title were inversed, it would already been closed, meaning to say “white fans etc.””

Comment

Working...
                      X