No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Mayweather-McGregor, Mosley, Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peplz View Post
    Nothing you just said made any sense. How does shedding more weight benefit Mayweather? The catch weight was specifically to benefit the smaller fighter who was Juan Manuel Marquez. No matter what weird word magic you try to use it doesn't change that fact. What does making weight have to do with heart and balls? Floyd refused to allow himself to be weight drained so that makes him a coward? You need to try again. Mayweather haters have nitpicked that fight for years trying to make it into something more than it was. And Pacquiao had just fought De la Hoya at 147 in his previous fight but in the very next fight demanded a catch weight of 145. And this fight was for Cotto's welterweight title. Canelo and his team are the ones that suggested a catch weight to fight Mayweather. And a lot like Dawson vs Ward I don't think it's something they needed to do. Mayweather was just like "okay I'll take that." And I see what Breadman is saying about Canelo not being able to stand even though the way he characterized it amounts to an exaggeration. What would be more accurate would be to say that Canelo went and sat down right after he came on the stage.
    You fuking idiot the catchweight was only two pounds lower than what Floyd was fighting. Floyd is known to be in shape year round with his weight always staying close to fighing weight. Floyd never ever had to drain himself to make 147 as he was a professional with his weight year round.

So you claiming Floyd losing two extra pounds which he put in the contract would have negatively affected him more than how it negatively affected Marquez who was moving up two weight classe is just plain stupid fanboyism. So you think Floyd was right for not being a man and living up to the contracted weight?

You are fuking nuts dude. He fukd over Marquez and put him at a disadvantage plain and simple. Btw quit being a stupid fanboy.
    Last edited by boxinghead530; 08-19-2017, 03:33 PM.

Comment

I don't count championship titles won at catch-weights as legitimate. Boxing and sanctioning organizations need to update/change their rules and put a stop to that.

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
        Wonder when pac fans will realize that he isn't truly a legitimate 8 division champion. Nevertheless mentioning him as a 10 division champ as the reader posted in the mailbag.
        A champion in 6 divisions and Lineal in the other 2, is an 8 division champ. How can that be disputed?

Comment

One thing I agree with is that fighters shouldn't accept the fight if they want to cry about making weight later. I don't want to here that mess. It's not like they didn't know a fighter was bigger before they signed on the dotted line. People always want to change up their excuses after the fact. I don't understand that. If someone is too big or you making weight drains you too much of your energy, don't do it and move on to another meaningful fight. No one wants to hear those excuses afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
            A champion in 6 divisions and Lineal in the other 2, is an 8 division champ. How can that be disputed?
            lineals aren't legit sanctioned titles. Sometimes they're a good indicator and other times they're fraudulent. When pac beat hatton, hatton had already taken 2 beatings at welter and was nowhere near the best at 140. Also, everyone knows that 154 wbc title match vs Margarito was the biggest farce. Neither were ranked at 154. No way should 2 fighters with no body of work in that weigh class be fighting for a belt. At 150 nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
              Wonder when pac fans will realize that he isn't truly a legitimate 8 division champion. Nevertheless mentioning him as a 10 division champ as the reader posted in the mailbag.

nope

Pac did not win a title at featherweight

the media/fans happily handed Pac a FW title for the exact same reason that reader decided to call Pac a 10 division champ

because it made them feel all warm and fuzzy inside

Comment

1) he did not win a title at featherweight

2) his JMW " title " is an absolute scam

Comment

Absolutely correct. There Is no dispute.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
                    What catchweight? The fight was contracted to be at 145. Marquez was giving up a lot moving up from 135. So that 145 was made to be an incentive to make the fight happen. The 145 contracted weight only benefited Floyd as Marquez' body was just that of a blown up lightweight.

But the fight was not a catchweight as Floyd did not have the heart and balls to live up to the contracted weight. So he fukd Marquez over at the scales. It was a b1tch move.
                    JMM was lucky Floyd didn't tell him to go kick rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      1) he did not win a title at featherweight

2) his JMW " title " is an absolute scam
                      yea i'd rather have the wbo championship belt instead of the lineal championship. floyd fans...it doesnt come with a tangible belt therefore it doesnt count!

Comment

Working...
                      X