Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KB vs Spence: the guy who hasn't been dropped seen as the one with suspect jaw, why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    Errol Spence hasn't fought a puncher in his life. Wonder why.

Still got rocked.
    The guys that rocked and dropped Brook were far from punchers

Comment

Brook took monstrous shots from GGG but he has a suspect chin doe.

Comment

When did Paulie imply Spence has a bad or questionable chin?

I don't think this matchup gets impacted let alone decided upon by either guys' chin so I don't really even understand the need for comparison. If either guy wins by stoppage I'd suggest it'll be an accumulation stoppage or it'll be more about Spence not being as good as some of us think or Spence being wayyyyy better than some of us think more than chin problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
          Spence has never been dropped in his pro career, all that people do is point out this shot against Lartey which he took well and shook off quickly. He took some good shots against Barrera so is it really a suspect jaw or just occasional defensive mistakes? To me Spence has proven he has a GOOD chin.

Brook has been knocked down but this rarely gets pointed out by the same people who talk about Errol's chin and he got visibly wobbled against Shenchenko.

Not saying Brook has a bad chin at all but if it was Spence dropped early in his career and wobbled vs Senchenko then those suspect chin accusations at 147 would make more sense.
          But he was wobbled? He was hurt far worse vs Lartey than Brook was vs Senchenko. And there's a million miles between the quality of those two fighters.

Also, Spence hasn't looked great whilst taking punches from his recent opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
            Spence is one of Mayweather's fighters. Some who dislike Floyd may be saying this to influence odds.
            Spence isn't a Mayweather fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
              He didn't take many monstrous shots...stop spamming.

Brook was hurt by Shenchenko and Jones...no doubt about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                When did Paulie imply Spence has a bad or questionable chin?

I don't think this matchup gets impacted let alone decided upon by either guys' chin so I don't really even understand the need for comparison. If either guy wins by stoppage I'd suggest it'll be an accumulation stoppage or it'll be more about Spence not being as good as some of us think or Spence being wayyyyy better than some of us think more than chin problems.

Comment

But he was wobbled? He was hurt far worse vs Lartey than Brook was vs Senchenko. And there's a million miles between the quality of those two fighters.

Also, Spence hasn't looked great whilst taking punches from his recent opponents.

Lying POS

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Spence isn't a Mayweather fighter.
                    LMAO ,anihilated

Comment

But there is something that supports it? He's been rocked badly by a guy with 3 KOs. That's as supporting as it gets.

It doesn't mean that he has a shaky chin, we will only know once he gets tagged by someone decent. But right now there is a theory supported by evidence.

Some people thought Brook was shaky too. That was put to bed in the GGG fight.
                      Maybe the same will happen for Spence in the Brook fight.
                      'Badly' is an exaggeration and Lartey doesn't have 3 KO's or is there someone who rocked him that i didn't mention?

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                      Never said that, just pointing out he has been dropped and hurt at welterweight.

I disagree, he got hit with a good shot while he was throwing and then smothered him and the round ended, not much more too it than that. Brook was actually on shaky legs but recovered well.

What do you mean by not looking great taking shots in recent fights? Bundu landed some grazing shots and Barrera landed two good shots in the first and he looked fine. Does he need to smile and encourage more punches or something?

Comment

Working...
                      X