Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thomas Hearns didn't get the money he needed to fund his gym.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what do these guys do with all that damn money they made?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      $150,000 to open a boxing gym? Go f#ck yourself man. No surprise he only got $620 if thats what he was asking for. I mean Hearns was a bad mofo & I'm a fan, but you don't need $150k to open a boxing gym. You can probably rent a spot for $1k-$2k a month & then go & spend $5k or less on equipment. Might need to put a ring on layaway or use a mat for awhile, but prove your profitable & can run a gym before you go asking for that much money. Wut the f#ck lol.
      He probably wanted it for himself.

Hearns is one of the rudest peoples I've ever met so I have no sympathy.

Comment

These boxing orgs should do something for former champions that have paid their sactiining fees ect... Da fucc man.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
          There are fighters out there who spend that much in one night at a strip club, too bad they can't help an ATG get a gym started.
          help him for what?? he made millions

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
            Smh and this is why you dont get in boxing wars for the fans. Floyd was one smart mutha****å and didn't have to get get brutally knocked out like Duran or Hearns to prove how much of a warrior he was. If this is what legacy is all about. I'll take the Mayweather route everytime.
            Co-sign. Hearns can't put together a sentence these days.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              He probably wanted it for himself.

Hearns is one of the rudest peoples I've ever met so I have no sympathy.
              Was he rude ? Did your u meet him when he was in his prime or was it recently buddy ?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                $150,000 to open a boxing gym? Go f#ck yourself man. No surprise he only got $620 if thats what he was asking for. I mean Hearns was a bad mofo & I'm a fan, but you don't need $150k to open a boxing gym. You can probably rent a spot for $1k-$2k a month & then go & spend $5k or less on equipment. Might need to put a ring on layaway or use a mat for awhile, but prove your profitable & can run a gym before you go asking for that much money. Wut the f#ck lol.
                Nailed it. He should start from scratch and build from there, or subcontract in another gym and move up over time. That's business. Roach was an unknown ESPN fighter at one point then worked for Futch. The rest is history.
                Hearns is one of my all time favorites but I really don't think he has the mental capacity to run a successful business.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                  what do these guys do with all that damn money they made?
                  The Tax Man is undisputed champ in all weight classes

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
                    Was he rude ? Did your u meet him when he was in his prime or was it recently buddy ?
                    Recently. Well, 2013.

Incredibly rude.

I've met him twice once in 2010 and once in 2013 both times he wasn't pleasent.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                      Smh and this is why you dont get in boxing wars for the fans. Floyd was one smart mutha****å and didn't have to get brutally knocked out like Duran or Hearns to prove how much of a warrior he was. If this is what legacy is all about ill take the Mayweather route everytime.
                      You can gaurantee Floyd is broke in 10-15 years time the way he spends money

Comment

Working...
                      X