No announcement yet.

R.I.P Mac Foster

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P Mac Foster

Sadly former Heavyweight contender Mac Foster died yesterday.

Foster was a tremendous hitter who won all 30 of his fight by KO. His biggest fight was against Muhammad Ali in 1972 were he lost a 15 round decision.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...9388&cat=boxer

R.I.P

A bit of a shame that this thread has been up close to a day and nobody has bothered to pop in and pay their respects.You'd think the least a fan of this sport could do would be to atleast pay respect to his memory.

I had created an account in his honor almost a year ago,but unfortunately I could not find a suitable picture of the man to display as my avatar.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/member.php?u=132756

Somewhat of a forgotten contender in what is usually regarded as the 'Golden age' of heavyweights,he was noted as a devestating puncher,having stopped all his victims within the distance.

He was talked up as a real threat for the then heavyweight champion,Smokin' Joe Frazier.Unfortunately for Mac,his own punching power cost him the chance at ever fighting for the world heavyweight title,as Joe elected to fight the light heavyweight Foster instead.

An honest man who served his country,his sport,and himself, with the type of dignity that any decent human being could admire.A real man,and a credit to his race - the human race

So long,Mac.

We hardly knew ye.
    Last edited by prinzemanspopa; 07-21-2010, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
      A bit of a shame that this thread has been up close to a day and nobody has bothered to pop in and pay their respects.You'd think the least a fan of this sport could do would be to atleast pay respect to his memory.

I had created an account in his honor almost a year ago,but unfortunately I could not find a suitbale picture of the man to display as my avatar.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/member.php?u=132756

Somewhat of a forgotten contender in what is usually regarded as the 'Golden age' of heavyweights,he was noted as a devestating puncher,having stopped all his victims within the distance.

He was talked up as a real threat for the then heavyweight champion,Smokin' Joe Frazier.Unfortunately for Mac,his own punching power cost him the chance at ever fighting for the world heavyweight title,as Joe elected to fight the light heavyweight Foster instead.

An honest man who served his country,his sport,and himself, with the type of dignity that any decent human being could admire.A real man,and a credit to his race - the human race

So long,Mac.

We hardly knew ye.
      I would Green K this post if I could.

Brilliant. I never noticed this thread until now. Shame, nobody had posted in it.

R.I.P. Mac Foster. Shame he never got a shot at the title, Which he deserved more than any contender in his era imo.

Comment

Just found out this now. RIP.

A good contender in his day, big with very heavy fists!

Comment

Would of liked some more posters to come and post on here, show a little more respect.

Comment

What a monster puncher. Rip.

Comment

Rest in peace Mac.
              One of the many good heavies that have been over looked for being in the same era as Ali and as Prinze said he most probably could have been a world champion if Frazier ever manned up to fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
                Rest in peace Mac.
                One of the many good heavies that have been over looked for being in the same era as Ali and as Prinze said he most probably could have been a world champion if Frazier ever manned up to fight him.
                U not a Frazier fan?

Comment

Originally posted by JerseySugar View Post
                  U not a Frazier fan?
                  Yes but Mac was a solid contender and Frazier never gave him a fight, that's all.

Comment

Jerry Quarry ended his unbeaten run and exposed him.. Mac was a decent fighter and worthy contender. R.I.P.

Comment

Working...
                    X