Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i know this thread is old but i thought i would bump this instead of making another one...

what does everyone think of these two gloves?

http://www.boxfituk.com/boxing-glove...prod_1575.html

http://www.boxfituk.com/boxing-glove...prod_2827.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Bullrush View Post
      reyes dont have much padding so they arent perfect for sparring

winnings are very expensive but i think they are worth it but it depends on how much you can afford to spend of course. i wouldnt recommend them for people that cant afford them. but if youre willing to spend like 200 bucks on training shoes then you should have the cash for a pair of winnings

they last forever so youre making that money back in the long run. training shoes dont last long. mine always last like 6-9 months
      I just finished training now, and spoke to one of my coaches about it. He recommended 18oz Reyes. Also, I've been looking online and noticed that some have the 'Cleto Reyes Mexico' logo on the glove, and some have just 'Mexico'. What is the difference between the two?

The main problem I have with Winning is that, especially at £200 or so, I would want to try them on first. I don't think there are any stockists in the UK...

On a side note, it's rediculous how there are zero boxing stores in Central London!

Comment

• Originally posted by bridger1 View Post
        i know this thread is old but i thought i would bump this instead of making another one...

what does everyone think of these two gloves?

http://www.boxfituk.com/boxing-glove...prod_1575.html

http://www.boxfituk.com/boxing-glove...prod_2827.html
        the black gloves seem more comfortable but i dont like the elastic velcro closure, its gonna stretch out over time. theyre both leather and theyre about the same price. i dont know. guess i would go with the black gloves. maybe order both and return the one you dont like?

Comment

• Originally posted by as646 View Post
          I just finished training now, and spoke to one of my coaches about it. He recommended 18oz Reyes. Also, I've been looking online and noticed that some have the 'Cleto Reyes Mexico' logo on the glove, and some have just 'Mexico'. What is the difference between the two?

The main problem I have with Winning is that, especially at £200 or so, I would want to try them on first. I don't think there are any stockists in the UK...

On a side note, it's rediculous how there are zero boxing stores in Central London!
          the 18 oz reyes, if you can make sure you try them on first. heavier gloves usually are bigger as well (and wider inside). i had 2 pair of reyes and 1 pair was so big inside the glove was always moving around so i got rid of them. so make sure you get an opportunity to send them back if they dont fit, especially if youre gonna buy them in 18 oz. if you spend that kind of money you want to make sure its a great glove that will be fun working out with for the next few years. as for the mexico thing, reyes used to put "hecho en mexico" on their glove a while ago (the print) but those are the older models. they now only use the "cleto reyes" prints on their gloves, those are the newer models. youll find the older models in europe mostly (uk etc). i wouldnt say its bad but if i had a choice i'd pick the newer models of course. but its no like the older ones suck.

the winning gloves are extremely comfortable but you can only get them from their website and they ship from japan. i wouldnt worry about the fit, theyre gonna feel great trust me. the money thing is another issue as always with winning gear

yeah uk sucks in terms of boxing equipment. theres a couple big sites that exist and thats where people get their stuff from i believe (sugar rays or whatever its called). the US isnt exactly great either. its mostly ****ty everlast gear they sell outside, the good stuff usually is just on the internet (ringside, title, etc)

Comment

the 18 oz reyes, if you can make sure you try them on first. heavier gloves usually are bigger as well (and wider inside). i had 2 pair of reyes and 1 pair was so big inside the glove was always moving around so i got rid of them. so make sure you get an opportunity to send them back if they dont fit, especially if youre gonna buy them in 18 oz. if you spend that kind of money you want to make sure its a great glove that will be fun working out with for the next few years. as for the mexico thing, reyes used to put "hecho en mexico" on their glove a while ago (the print) but those are the older models. they now only use the "cleto reyes" prints on their gloves, those are the newer models. youll find the older models in europe mostly (uk etc). i wouldnt say its bad but if i had a choice i'd pick the newer models of course. but its no like the older ones suck.

the winning gloves are extremely comfortable but you can only get them from their website and they ship from japan. i wouldnt worry about the fit, theyre gonna feel great trust me. the money thing is another issue as always with winning gear

yeah uk sucks in terms of boxing equipment. theres a couple big sites that exist and thats where people get their stuff from i believe (sugar rays or whatever its called). the US isnt exactly great either. its mostly ****ty everlast gear they sell outside, the good stuff usually is just on the internet (ringside, title, etc)
            Yeah, Sugar Rays bricks and mortar store is about an hour from my house, I was going to pay them a visit after work.

What kind of glove are the Winnings? I know Reyes are Mexican, and so are more of a "punchers glove", but I don't really know a whole lot about the Winnings, other than they're basically pillows.

Comment

• the winning gloves are very unique. the foam they use is very soft (the outside layer) so it kind of feels pillow like and theyre probably the most comfortable gloves to be hit with because of that
              but under that soft layer theres a dense layer of foam that protects your knuckles better than any other gloves do. the type of foam winning uses is unique. they are the best sparring gloves because of the soft layer of foam on the outside that absorbs so much energy, and theyre the best bag gloves because of how much they protect your hands. and they are very compact gloves, and very light as well. so you can really throw quick punches and focus on your technique a lot when you hit the back because they are not bulky at all.

they are very expensive but if you can afford them and you wanna box the next few years on a regular basis then i'd highly recommend them. theres not a better glove out there.

Comment

the winning gloves are very unique. the foam they use is very soft (the outside layer) so it kind of feels pillow like and theyre probably the most comfortable gloves to be hit with because of that
                but under that soft layer theres a dense layer of foam that protects your knuckles better than any other gloves do. the type of foam winning uses is unique. they are the best sparring gloves because of the soft layer of foam on the outside that absorbs so much energy, and theyre the best bag gloves because of how much they protect your hands. and they are very compact gloves, and very light as well. so you can really throw quick punches and focus on your technique a lot when you hit the back because they are not bulky at all.

they are very expensive but if you can afford them and you wanna box the next few years on a regular basis then i'd highly recommend them. theres not a better glove out there.
                Oh, okay. I had figured that because they were so padded, they were big and bulky. Sizewise, how do they compare to the Reyes?

Edit: Okay, £250 is definitely out of my price range. Are even the Reyes sparring gloves too thin for sparring?

What would be your second choice to the Winnings?
                Last edited by as646; 03-15-2012, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by as646 View Post
                  Oh, okay. I had figured that because they were so padded, they were big and bulky. Sizewise, how do they compare to the Reyes?

Edit: Okay, £250 is definitely out of my price range. Are even the Reyes sparring gloves too thin for sparring?

What would be your second choice to the Winnings?
                  since you're in the UK i would probably go with the rival sparring gloves, you can also get them @ sugar rays

http://www.sugarrays.co.uk/shop/riva...long-cuff.html

i have these in velcro and theyre awesome sparring gloves. thick padding, soft foam, great quality gloves, very comfortable. and theyre only 90 pounds.

Comment

since you're in the UK i would probably go with the rival sparring gloves, you can also get them @ sugar rays

http://www.sugarrays.co.uk/shop/riva...long-cuff.html

i have these in velcro and theyre awesome sparring gloves. thick padding, soft foam, great quality gloves, very comfortable. and theyre only 90 pounds.
                    I went in to the store, and tried a pair of the Reyes on, they really didn't seem that hard. These are the sparring gloves I'm talking about, not the fight gloves, so they aren't horsehair. Okay, the foam is a bit denser than that of some other gloves I've tried, but not enough to make a massive difference. The guy in the shop said he has a pair that he personally used for sparring, and he's never had any complaints about them being too hard.

I actually ended up getting a pair in blue. I got the lace ups, and the wrist protection is excellent. That said, I do like to be able to move my wrist a little bit, as I sometimes like to flick with my jab. I'm sure once I break them in a little, I'll have a bit more movement, but for now my hand is basically locked into place.

I'm going to use them on the bags for a week just to help break them in. I had a go with them tonight and they were very nice on the heavy bag; despite being 16oz, I could still get a lot of feedback without bashing my fist up.

Not to mention the quality is incredibly high. I love the gold glittery bit on the logo on the wrist. Classy as fuark.

Comment

• Head Gear advice (cleto reyes)

I've been lookin at the cleto reyes headguards. I cant decide which one to get. Both are full face guards. one has a steel bar across the front and the other has a nylon bar. The main reason ive been looking at these two is that with doing alot of sparring my nose is always bruised and sore and i cant be far away from getting it broken.

Has anyone got either of these guards or have any advice on both guards. Its alot of money to spend so would appreciate any opinions or advice you have. cheers

Comment

Working...
                      X