Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion

Old 07-20-2008, 02:28 AM #1
I Love Froch

Quoted: 787 Post(s)
pesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 548,366,228,053.99
Total Points: 549,967,559,462.70
Let's drink to that fine woman in your avatar!! - abosworth Heineken, best Avatar on the scene! - Dorian We Rich :p - Dorian We Fresh! - Dorian Great Poster! - Dorian 
Enjoy! - Dorian amazing 'martinez facts' thread, man. - chiguy91 so true about fight club - Burning Phoenix 
Default I am just coming from a "MMA" bar and the place

was dead. When Silva fought Hendo I couldn't even stand up in the bar and now we had two good to great fight cards in one night and while there were people, nobody was really interested in the fights before the main events and even the main events didn't cause much stir.

Affliction while putting an amazing MMA card is 20 times behind UFC in terms of production. Production is 50% at least of the show and just great matches won't do it. They have to fix it. I hope they do.
pesticid is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-20-2008, 02:29 AM #2
I Love Froch

pesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond repute
Let's drink to that fine woman in your avatar!! - abosworth Heineken, best Avatar on the scene! - Dorian We Rich :p - Dorian We Fresh! - Dorian Great Poster! - Dorian 
Enjoy! - Dorian amazing 'martinez facts' thread, man. - chiguy91 so true about fight club - Burning Phoenix 

Oh yeah, Fedor is a godsent fighter
Old 07-20-2008, 02:30 AM #3
Contender

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sunthunder has a reputation beyond reputesunthunder has a reputation beyond reputesunthunder has a reputation beyond reputesunthunder has a reputation beyond reputesunthunder has a reputation beyond reputesunthunder has a reputation beyond reputesunthunder has a reputation beyond reputesunthunder has a reputation beyond reputesunthunder has a reputation beyond reputesunthunder has a reputation beyond reputesunthunder has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,385.15

I actually thought the production for Affliction was excellent.

The commentating was good, Frank Trigg was even bearable! There was a very quick turn around between fights, it never lagged. Didn't really care for Megadeath but it wasn't too bad. The post fight interviews were conducted well.

The only thing that was bad imo was that the ring ropes were too slack, but otherwise, I much prefered this to the shows the UFC puts on.
sunthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 02:32 AM #4
I Love Froch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunthunder View Post
I actually thought the production for Affliction was excellent.

The commentating was good, Frank Trigg was even bearable! There was a very quick turn around between fights, it never lagged. Didn't really care for Megadeath but it wasn't too bad. The post fight interviews were conducted well.

The only thing that was bad imo was that the ring ropes were too slack, but otherwise, I much prefered this to the shows the UFC puts on.
To each his own I guess.
Old 07-20-2008, 04:09 AM #5
Knuckles Up

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Equilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,943,457,888,040.59
Total Points: 2,943,457,919,375.05
Thanks for your help! - Bendigo On Me! - Izrock I'm sick of the fangirls. You a real boxing fan bro - mangler 2k posts man - you are one of the very best on here - you need to post more - Dan... the point giver thanks thee for the incredible generosity - the point giver 
parallelogram sa inyo - Jack Napier early xmas present - jazluvr thread contribution and for after your wake and bake! - HUGH JASS 

I bought the affliction event on pay per view and i must say i was expecting much more out of my 40$. They had a great card but only 2 fights were good in my opinion, Arlovski VS Big ben and Fedor VS Silvya. The other fights were just average.

And well, on the production side it must agree that it wasnt really good. In the beginning there was a period where there was no audio from the commentators. You could hear the crowd, but not the commentators. Plus they had their levels messed up, commentors were extremely loud, but the crowd/ring announcers were barely audible.

If you are going to ask me 40$ to watch people fight on tv you need to get your **** together.
Equilibrium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 04:38 AM #6
Undisputed Champion

j has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 74.60
Total Points: 658,652.87

there are mma bars?
j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 10:03 AM #7
Interim Champion

Pecs has a reputation beyond reputePecs has a reputation beyond reputePecs has a reputation beyond reputePecs has a reputation beyond reputePecs has a reputation beyond reputePecs has a reputation beyond reputePecs has a reputation beyond reputePecs has a reputation beyond reputePecs has a reputation beyond reputePecs has a reputation beyond reputePecs has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 30,951.96

MMA bars.......??
Pecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 10:20 AM #8
I Love Froch

There are sports bars, tthis one shows more MMA than boxing, that's what I was referring to.

Share This With Friends

Tags
"mma", coming, place

User Tag List