Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Rigondeaux's textbook footwork beat Lomachenko's unorthodox footwork?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by g27region View Post
    Come on, Salido fight wasn't schooling at all. Schooling is what you call one sided fights and not competitive, close ones especially considering that Lomachenko ended up being stronger fighter in the late rounds and threw more clean punches if my memory serves. Selimov fight? That was competitive too
    The first Selimov fight wasn't and if you look at their fight in WSB although Loma got the victory, he was in my opinion schooled, watch the fight!

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
      The first Selimov fight wasn't and if you look at their fight in WSB although Loma got the victory, he was in my opinion schooled, watch the fight!
      Well, if you want to bring up amateur fight to prove your statement that "Rigo was never schooled unlike Loma" what about amateur losses in Rigo's resume? All of these fights were robberies then?

Comment

In my haste I didn't put ALMOST as in almost always, so yeah you're still wrong on that and others who say it are wrong too. Now you're changing your tune to moving up against a great fighter, not just a good fighter. Take this as a learning experience and don't ever say again a big good guy almost always beats a small good guy - I am not quoting you word for word
        Why would I not say it again? Again, that is one of the oldest sayings in boxing and while you listed a few names, I can easily list hundreds and hundreds of other fights where this adage holds up.

You are now trying to make a semantics argument because you didn't read what I posted initially.

It's bad enough you can't read, it's worse that you have an account on this site and never heard that saying. Embarrassing given your account is from 2006.

Whether I use good or great the point still stands. A good/great big man almost always beats a good/great little man.

Comment

Well, if you want to bring up amateur fight to prove your statement that "Rigo was never schooled unlike Loma" what about amateur losses in Rigo's resume? All of these fights were robberies then?
          I haven't seen any amateur losses on Rigo's record. So I don't know if he got schooled, I don't believe it but just judging from their Olympic performances Rigo didn't even have a close fight, Loma had a few close fights where he won by a point or two.

Comment

I haven't seen any amateur losses on Rigo's record. So I don't know if he got schooled, I don't believe it but just judging from their Olympic performances Rigo didn't even have a close fight, Loma had a few close fights where he won by a point or two.
            And again, close fights can't be considered "schooling"

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Why would I not say it again? Again, that is one of the oldest sayings in boxing and while you listed a few names, I can easily list hundreds and hundreds of other fights where this adage holds up.

You are now trying to make a semantics argument because you didn't read what I posted initially.

It's bad enough you can't read, it's worse that you have an account on this site and never heard that saying. Embarrassing given your account is from 2006.

Whether I use good or great the point still stands. A good/great big man almost always beats a good/great little man.
              You talk too much and you still can't weasel out, I know of that saying Big Dummy and it's as dumb as you. Now list me some great fighters that almost always lost when they moved up.

Comment

And again, close fights can't be considered "schooling"
                But I've seen him get schooled against Selimov and in their pro format fight too and I've seen him look bad against an 11 loss opponent in Salido. So prime for prime Rigo has the wrong style, speed and timing for him.

Comment

But I've seen him get schooled against Selimov and in their pro format fight too and I've seen him look bad against an 11 loss opponent in Salido. So prime for prime Rigo has the wrong style, speed and timing for him.
                  Selimov fights are debatable, schooling is when nobody can deny that the fight was one-sided. A lot of people arguing about these fights, some people say they were close, damn some people even say that Loma was robbed in that first Selimov fight. Opinions are different, but "schooling" is when even blind fans can't deny the obvious thing. Close and debatable fights doesn't count as "schooling" for me

I've seen Rigondeaux look bad with Cordoba even though he won that fight.

But I have to agree that Rigondeaux has the wrong style for Lomachenko. Anyway, nobody can play or school fighters of Loma and Rigo caliber. I'd be shocked if Loma/Rigo will be one sided in somebody's favor
                  Last edited by g27region; 11-14-2017, 04:12 PM.

Comment

pesticid Sultonov is the only opponent Rigo and Loma had in common, maybe there's some other fighters but I don't remember, you can compare their performances

https://mover.uz/watch/2zf9znPm/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnMgW1er-2s

Comment

pesticid Sultonov is the only opponent Rigo and Loma had in common, maybe there's some other fighters but I don't remember, you can compare their performances

https://mover.uz/watch/2zf9znPm/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnMgW1er-2s
                      I've seen both fights. Loma's style was predicated on coming forward with the guard high and crowding you but he was open to the body and even now as a pro he still gets tagged to the body. I remember in London Toledo landed vicious body shots against Loma in the 3rd round and Loma was hurt.

Right now I think Loma beats Rigo because I don't think Rigo is the same fighter he was in against Donaire and Loma is in his prime. So I love Rigo but I have to go with Loma on this one just cause I am not sure if Rigo can go back to his prime. I have never seen Rigo hit to the body cleanly though and if anybody can land shots to Rigo's body it is Loma so I am very curious to see this fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X