No announcement yet.

Daily commute.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
    I recently left a company that let me work from home full time, and I wasn't a fan at all.

On one hand sure I saved gas and time not commuting, but on the other, my productivity took a hit. It's just not the same as being present on site, being able to interact person-to-person with clients and team members, having that comraderie, those random brainstorm sessions, those whiteboard sessions. All of that is absent when you limit your interactivity to virtual meetings, emails, chatrooms, and phone calls. Ultimately I both didn't feel like part of the team, and I was less driven, proactive, and efficient during that time.
    Most of my interaction with clients is digital anyway, so I would drive into the city, barely talk to anyone for 8 hours, then drive home and open my laptop back up. It was completely redundant.

But I know what you mean. Hard to wake up/focus without changing environments. If I could find another quiet 20-30 minute rural commute I'd go for it.

Comment

Commute half an hour in one of these,

Comment

45 mins one way maybe 30+ mins without traffic.

Comment

I work in DTLA and my drive there from where I live varies drastically.

Driving there in the best possible conditions, 17 minutes
          Driving there in the worst possible conditions, 1 hour
          With average conditions, 25 minutes

Driving home in the best possible conditions, 16 minutes
          Driving home in the worst possible conditions, 1h 20m +
          With average conditions, 40 minutes

Comment

Right now I work from home. Still takes 30 minutes to get to work.

Comment

Originally posted by msagrain View Post
              My weekly commute is around 13-16 hours traffic dependant for a 5 day working week.

What is yours and what do you consider the tipping point in time before you consider relocating?
              my commute is 15 minutes each way with no traffic, 30 minutes with traffic, and an hour give or take if I decide to stop by your momma's crib

Comment

About 40 minutes to get there and anywhere from 50 min- to an hour and 20 to get back. The traffic south of Portland is ****ing brutal.

Comment

Over an hour each way for me but I get to work remotely a couple days a week which eases the pain. Plus I'm on a month-month rental agreement right now so I can move whenever I get really tired of being this far from the office / the city.

Comment

Dude I work for picks me up from my door
                    I get chauffeured

Comment

Working...
                    X