No announcement yet.

Spanish Homework

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Spanish Homework

Hey everyone. I have a weird question but would anyone good at speaking Spanish be able to correctly translate these for my homework? Nothing bad please . I would mess it up completely and I unfortunately dont know if I can afford a bad grade.

And to the first few that help, points and green K will be given out of course! Thank you!

Give the Spanish equivalent of the following exchanges:

1. “If you had learned to use a word processor, you would have gotten the job, Pedro.”
    “No . . . the supervisor was not impressed with my experience. . . .”

2. “If Mr. Varela has the last word, they are going to offer me the position.”
    “Who is he?”
    “One of the main shareholders in the company. . . .”

3. “There was no message on my answering machine.”
    “If we had finished the interviews, we would have let you know, Miss Nieto.”

4. “Mr. Juárez was in charge of the selection, the evaluation, and the purchase of electronic
    equipment.”
    “And what did you do, Mr. Peña?”
    “I was his assistant.”

5. “Was there anybody there who had worked for that company?”
    “Yes, Mr. Miranda. But he left the job that he had because the salary that they paid him didn’t

Originally posted by Brockton Lip View Post
    Hey everyone. I have a weird question but would anyone good at speaking Spanish be able to correctly translate these for my homework? Nothing bad please . I would mess it up completely and I unfortunately dont know if I can afford a bad grade.

And to the first few that help, points and green K will be given out of course! Thank you!

Give the Spanish equivalent of the following exchanges:

1. “If you had learned to use a word processor, you would have gotten the job, Pedro.”
    “No . . . the supervisor was not impressed with my experience. . . .”

“Who is he?”

4. “Mr. Juárez was in charge of the selection, the evaluation, and the purchase of electronic
    equipment.”
    “I was his assistant.”

“Yes, Mr. Miranda. But he left the job that he had because the salary that they paid him didn’t
    1."Si hubieras aprendido a usar un procesador de textos, usted habría conseguido el trabajo, Pedro."
    "No . . . el supervisor no estaba impresionado con mi experiencia. . . ".

Comment

Originally posted by Last Tribe View Post
      1."Si hubieras aprendido a usar un procesador de textos, usted habría conseguido el trabajo, Pedro."
      Thanks man, points and green k given! Anyone know the others?

Comment

Orale guey!

Comment

would love to help but I speak Puerto Rican Spanglish...not what you learn in school...Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Brockton Lip View Post

“Who is he?”

equipment.”
            “I was his assistant.”

2-Si el señor Varela tiene la última palabra, ellos me ofrecerán el puesto.
            Quién es el?
            Uno de los accionistas principales de la compañía.

3-No había mensaje en mi máquina contestadora
            Si hubiéramos terminado las entrevistas, le habríamos avisado, señorita Nieto

4-El señor Juárez estaba a cargo de la selección, la evaluación y la compra de material electrónico.
            Y que hacía usted, señor Peña?
            Yo era su asistente.

5-Había alguien allí que haya trabajado para la compañia?
            Si, el Señor Miranda. Pero dejó el trabajo que tenía por que el salario que le pagaban no.....

the last one might be missing a word, are you sure you copied them right????

I'm pretty sure that if your teacher sucks, he is gonna grade you badly, because there are a lot of synonims and complex tenses in spanish that are not easily identifiable in english...so your teacher has to be good...otherwise he'll get confused and grade improperly....

Comment

Originally posted by Last Tribe View Post
              this is sloppy.........

you can't go from using "hubieras" to then use "usted"
              its "hubiera"(no s at the end) and "usted"

or "hubieras" and "tu"

you'd need context to decide...usted and tu are used depending on familiarity with the other person........usted=more formal........tu=informal

This seems like a more informal conversation, so technically,

"Si hubieras aprendido a usar un procesador de textos, tu habrías conseguido el trabajo, Pedro."
              "No . . . el supervisor no estaba impresionado con mi experiencia. . . "

would be right...but if we're being strict, "tu habrías" could be considered redundant.......because habrías implies "tu"......

i may be giving this **** too much thought......

Comment

Thanks man! Thats awesome, I appreciate it. Its college level Spanish but my professor messes up all the time on things but it should be fine. Thanks again, green K and points!

Comment

Working...
                X