Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will any of the Welterweight champs fight each other in 2020?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will any of the Welterweight champs fight each other in 2020?

The 3 current Welterweight champs are Spence, Pacquiao, and Crawford.

Each of these champs will end 2019 with 2 fights in this calendar year.

Even though these three have said they want to fight each other, I don't see any of them fighting each other in 2020. I think there's a good chance they never fight each other.

Will Pacquiao fight twice in 2020 at his age? Will Spence fight twice in 2020 after his car crash? Will either guy want to fight each other and/or fight Crawford without a tune up?

Originally posted by South Champion View Post

Even though these three have said they want to fight each other, I don't see any of them fighting each other in 2020. I think there's a good chance they never fight each other.

Will Pacquiao fight twice in 2020 at his age? Will Spence fight twice in 2020 after his car crash? Will either guy want to fight each other and/or fight Crawford without a tune up?

no chance

all of them have already passed on opportunities to match up

1) Spence is out of the picture... rehab, tuneups, whatever

2) Pacquiao/Crawford is the least likely matchup

no chance at welter unfortunately

Comment

spence accident makes things very hazy....we dont know what he is at this point

i think a spence/pac matchup was very possible for 2020 but things are up in the air now

Comment

Probably not in my opinion.

Comment

I only have hope for Pacquiao/Spence.

The organization wants Spence to fight his mandatory in Danny Garcia. How did he become a mandatory without fighting? I have no idea.

But even then, we could see Pacquiao/Spence in late Q3 or Q4.

This is assuming that Spence is perfectly fine after the car accident.

Crawford, on the other hand, isn't going to fight anyone. He talks a lot, does a lot of lip service but will continue fighting part-time Uber drivers. I don't even think we will see him fight Porter, Thurman, or Ugas. To at least stay sharp/ relevant.

He'll continue fighting straw men until he gets his coveted Spence fight.

Comment

Nah, it's gonna be bum fighting bums for all of 2020. Why you guys think it'll be any diff?

Comment

We know team Crawford and Top Rank prefer easy fights. Crawford's trash welterweight resume shows he likes bums and faded former champs. But you're trashing the legit top welterweights and questioning them!? Either a typical NSB clown or Arum shill. Pacquiao fought Thurman his last fight. Spence fought Porter. Crawford fought washed up A Mere Con and had to resort to low blows. Crawford needs to step up his competition. Crawford is an overrated hype job with a complete dog **** resume for his hype. If anyone isn't unifying it's the hype job that's fighting yet another bum.

Comment

With Spence out. Ruins the chances.

I see a lot of rematches with Thurman , Porter , Garcia etc or cherry picks / keep busy fights

& Crawford / ESPN have no choice but to make a catch weight fight between Bud vs Ramirez

Pac likely fights Danny Garcia next due to Spence sideline

Comment

Originally posted by tjones1989 View Post
                  Nah, it's gonna be bum fighting bums for all of 2020. Why you guys think it'll be any diff?
                  Because the fights at 147 have been marinating too long. Pacquiao only has 1 fight left on his 3 fight deal with PBC, so he may force Haymon and Arum into a bidding war.

Comment

Because the fights at 147 have been marinating too long. Pacquiao only has 1 fight left on his 3 fight deal with PBC, so he may force Haymon and Arum into a bidding war.
                    He wont go back to Arum.

The next best fight for Pacquiao is to fight Crawford.

That wont happen though, because Arum and Crawford wont take the fight. Crawford will talk but wont make any effort towards it.

If Spence isnt healthy. I guess Pacquiao vs Porter is possible. I can see Porter winning that and setting up part 2 with Spence.

Comment

Working...
                    X