Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 12-09-2019, 11:59 AM #51
Contender

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Monty Fisto will become famous soon enoughMonty Fisto will become famous soon enough
Bank: 1,104.90
Total Points: 8,889.41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamboal00 View Post
How galling, they're looking at 'May', so Joshua doing the 2-fight per year thing if we're lucky at 30 yrs old. He started this cadence when he was in his late twenties ffs. He's only had 23 fights. TWENTY THREE.

If you want any evidence that AJ is a product or a money-making asset rather than fighter, this is it. 2 fights per year against people he should be knocking out (Miller was a joke, Pulev or Whyte pose no threat whatsoever). So he's being protected, so he can continue to rake in money for Hearn and the rest of the cronies. Minimum effort/risk for maximum return and money raked from the fans.

Contrast this with Wilder. He's gonna be fighting 3 times in the space of 12 months vs Brezeale, Ortiz and then Fury. Even tho Fury is s drugs cheat, them last two are far more dangerous opponents than the safe bets AJ is banking.
Let's run through your points.

"TWENTY THREE" He's had 24 fights.

"He's being protected". He got put straight in against the man he has previously lost to.

"Contrast this with Wilder". I'm not going to look at your speculation about the future, as speculation is not evidence. What has actually happened is evidence. In 2019, Wilder fought twice. In 2018, Wilder fought twice. In 2017, Wilder fought twice. In 2016, Wilder fought twice. And the quality of opposition he was fighting back then, when he was the same age as Joshua is now? Chris Arreola and Artur Szpilka. Much lower level opponents than those Joshua has been fighting these last few years. Of course, if we do rewind to 2016, we find the younger, rawer Joshua fighting Brezeale. Joshua's level of opponent has moved on significantly from Brezeale. And yet this year, there we had Wilder fighting that same opponent.

What appeared to be a safe bet was taking on an overweight Fury when he was still on the comeback trail. Fury is now fitter, sharper... and went life and death with Otto 'Who Dat?' Wallin.

Pulev will be fought precisely because Joshua does not duck his mandatories... It's like he considers them mandatory or something. If Whyte is such a non-threat, then perhaps Wilder will not avoid him since he is the WBC number one contender and so easy.
Monty Fisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 12:02 PM #52
westernchamp

Quoted: 3710 Post(s)
IceTrayDaGang has a reputation beyond reputeIceTrayDaGang has a reputation beyond reputeIceTrayDaGang has a reputation beyond reputeIceTrayDaGang has a reputation beyond reputeIceTrayDaGang has a reputation beyond reputeIceTrayDaGang has a reputation beyond reputeIceTrayDaGang has a reputation beyond reputeIceTrayDaGang has a reputation beyond reputeIceTrayDaGang has a reputation beyond reputeIceTrayDaGang has a reputation beyond reputeIceTrayDaGang has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,846.82
Total Points: 136,484.97

wilder stops and him and fury would win in a wide one sided decision.
IceTrayDaGang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 12:07 PM #53
Up and Comer

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Tonylove is on a distinguished road
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,845.14
Default Stop it 🛑

- Fury will embarrass Him
- Wilder would knock him out
Tonylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 12:27 PM #54
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 561 Post(s)
Roberto Vasquez is a splendid one to beholdRoberto Vasquez is a splendid one to beholdRoberto Vasquez is a splendid one to beholdRoberto Vasquez is a splendid one to beholdRoberto Vasquez is a splendid one to beholdRoberto Vasquez is a splendid one to beholdRoberto Vasquez is a splendid one to behold
Bank: 1,396.77
Total Points: 26,144.29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBoxing View Post
What makes yall think Wilder became a boxing god since Fury boxed his ears off?
Beating that Bretzel guy and a past 40 Ortiz?

Sure Wilder has crazy ko power and can fight his ass off, but the level of his PBC Bums opposition is fooling people into making them thinking that Wilder is the greatest HW puncher of all time and a P4P fighter.

Wilder can get clipped koed or outboxed quite frankly, he just hasn't met those guys yet.

Joshua has fought much better opposition.
I don't think Wilder has become a boxing god. But he is learning every fight. Whatever you say about Ortiz and Breazeale - they are way above Fury's level of opposition. Fury is getting nothing from these fights - not even confidence after the Walin fight.

As for Joshua and Wilder. Maybe Joshua has fought slightly better opponents but he still looks vulnerable to what Wilder has to offer. No matter how well AJ boxed against Ruiz in Saudi Arabia, he still looked very vulnerable when Ruiz did get close. And don't forget Ruiz is slow on his feet, Wilder is fast and closes distance quickly. If he can catch Fury, he can catch AJ
Roberto Vasquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 12:31 PM #55
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 561 Post(s)
Roberto Vasquez is a splendid one to beholdRoberto Vasquez is a splendid one to beholdRoberto Vasquez is a splendid one to beholdRoberto Vasquez is a splendid one to beholdRoberto Vasquez is a splendid one to beholdRoberto Vasquez is a splendid one to beholdRoberto Vasquez is a splendid one to behold
Bank: 1,396.77
Total Points: 26,144.29

Quote:
No doubt Tony Joshua has better boxing skills than Wilder. But added to your list - Wilder has a longer reach and has better stamina as well as a better chin, speed and power than him. So it's a stylistic nightmare for AJ.

To beat Wilder you gotta get inside and not let him have range, as Teddy Atlas said, it's not rocket science. AJ thinks he's good fighting on the inside with uppercuts and hooks but he came 2nd best against Ruiz in that department.

The boxer that will beat Wilder is someone that can maul him on the inside and stay there for 12 rounds. This won't be Fury as Fury is even worse fighting on the inside because of his lanky arms and no power.
Yes I agree with pretty much all of that. I think it needs to be someone with power too. I think Wilder has always looked vulnerable to a knockout from someone fast and powerful who can box. If Breazeale can drive him back on wobbly legs, then someone with more power could have put him down in that situation

I do think AJ *can* beat Wilder but Wilder is the favourite in that fight. Would be great if we got a trilogy.
Roberto Vasquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 12:47 PM #56
Interim Champion

Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Armchairhero will become famous soon enough
Bank: 1,389.82
Total Points: 16,983.87

Quote:
A year is 12 months numpty.

If Wilder fights in May, November and then Feb, he's fought 3 times in less than a year. That also evens up your stat since 2016.

The difference is, Antnee is 30, Deontay is 34. AJ should be fat more active at this point. Want a stat that makes you look ridiculous? Wilder has had 43 fights. AJ a pathetic 23. He's not giving fans bang for buck.

Think you’ve been dropped in your head a few times. AJ was propelled into the big time after a couple of years, Wilder never fought anyone decent until he faced Ortiz, all those fights were meaningless
Armchairhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 12:54 PM #57
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2456 Post(s)
uppercut510 has a reputation beyond reputeuppercut510 has a reputation beyond reputeuppercut510 has a reputation beyond reputeuppercut510 has a reputation beyond reputeuppercut510 has a reputation beyond reputeuppercut510 has a reputation beyond reputeuppercut510 has a reputation beyond reputeuppercut510 has a reputation beyond reputeuppercut510 has a reputation beyond reputeuppercut510 has a reputation beyond reputeuppercut510 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,475.55
Total Points: 44,224.75
Cheers! - Snoop Frog Great Post! - Nomadic 

hopefully we get to see the fights so we can find out, but I fear hearn will do all he can to not put aj in a situation that he may lose in for a while. and lol at fans saying its no need for aj to fight them, sad
uppercut510 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 01:05 PM #58
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 666 Post(s)
OldTerry is a splendid one to beholdOldTerry is a splendid one to beholdOldTerry is a splendid one to beholdOldTerry is a splendid one to beholdOldTerry is a splendid one to beholdOldTerry is a splendid one to beholdOldTerry is a splendid one to beholdOldTerry is a splendid one to behold
Bank: 1,369.18
Total Points: 27,601.85
Great insight...have one on me! - Nomadic 

"I'm not a running champion, I'm someone who will fight the best in the world. Deontay Wilder, Tyson Fury are those guys. I would love to have the opportunity to either beat Deontay Wilder or beat Tyson Fury."

OK Joshua, make them an offer you know they won't refuse (lol)
OldTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 01:13 PM #59
Undisputed Champion

OldTerry is a splendid one to beholdOldTerry is a splendid one to beholdOldTerry is a splendid one to beholdOldTerry is a splendid one to beholdOldTerry is a splendid one to beholdOldTerry is a splendid one to beholdOldTerry is a splendid one to beholdOldTerry is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportbuddha View Post
You’re missing the obvious in all this, the short fat chef is very likely gonna be Wilders next opponent. Wilder vs Fury 2 will be called off for some BS reason; and Andy gonna be there to take the call when Al Haymon picks up the phone. Now...will Wilder be able to deal with Ruiz’ inside work...I’m not soo sure
Fury might back out of the fight with Wilder but I believe Wilder will fight in February. The opponent wouldn't be Ruiz because that's too soon for Ruiz. If Wilder ever fights Ruiz, Ruiz would suffer a devastating knockout. I could be wrong and I bet you think I am but maybe we'll find out.
Old 12-09-2019, 01:15 PM #60
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
Wilder can't box and Fury is a pillow puncher. Joshua would likely land big before Wilder and stop him. Nothing to fear from Fury, the HW Malignaggi.
"Fury, the HW Malignaggi" I'll give you credit for this one.

Share This With Friends