Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andy Ruiz On Joshua: That Was a Lucky Shot For Him, Too!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
    Anyone hear what he’s weighing? I didn’t think he will be less than 240lbs. Still he might get to Saudi two weeks ahead of time to get acclimated to the weather and time zone. In a foreign land with foreign food plus heat he might end up dropping a lot of weight/fluid once there, so he could end up much lighter.
    Diriyah averages 15 Celsius in December with a max of 21 Celsius.

Only way he drops fluid is if he gets a case of Diriyah belly.

Expect Ruiz will weigh in above 250, maybe even closer to 260.

Joshua will still be 250ish. 245 at the lowest.
    Last edited by Toffee; 11-20-2019, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
      Diriyah averages 15 Celsius in December with a max of 21 Celsius.

Only way he drops fluid is if he gets a case of Diriyah belly.

Expect Ruiz will weigh in above 250, maybe even closer to 260.

Joshua will still be 250ish. 245 at the lowest.
      Ur right. I did look up the temperatures once, forgot that it wasent so hot in December over there. I don’t even know If they are fighting inside or not. Also has anyone said when they are fighting? I’m assuming it will be during North American prime time? That will be in the morning Saudi time. Anyone hear any different? That will be tough to get over there and then stay on a schedule that makes the fight feel like an evening fight in ur home country. If they got on the Saudi sleep schedule they will still be fighting in the morning.

Comment

Okay I just read that the fight will be 10pm uk time. That’s 6am on the west coast and 1am in Saudi, 9am on the east coast.

Comment

Remember when people thought this guy was humble? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post
            Joshua has problems with fighters that can move their feet he’s a plodder. His fight vs Parker makes that clear and Parker not close to as fast as Andy. He’ll try to win at distance like he did vs Parker but ruiz will get to him again imo
            Parker has fast hands like Ruiz albeit not as fast, but Ruiz has slow fast. Parker doesn't. Ruiz won't be able to close the gap quick enough as shown in the 1st two rounds. If AJ makes it a phone booth fight he will lose, which is why I don't expect him to do so.

Comment

Wasn't it a 3 punch combination that knocked Ruiz down? Too lazy to watch that fight again. Sick of hearing about it tbh

Joshua has always been terrible against short fighters. Not sure if he can get much better in one training camp. But let's see.

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
                Okay I just read that the fight will be 10pm uk time. That’s 6am on the west coast and 1am in Saudi, 9am on the east coast.

The fight is at 4pm eastern time.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.daz...k1f5r83pybxx83

Comment

The shot Ruiz landed itself wasn't lucky, but the situation for Ruiz to land that shot was.

Joshua decked him, and then he swarmed Ruiz, swinging wildly to try and take him out. By doing that, he gave Ruiz to opportunity to land his own shot and he did.

Comment

Working...
                  X