No announcement yet.

Waving the fight off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
    Yeah and dodgy American score cards are quick to score it a draw when the American fighter loses.
    Not disagreeing with you
    This is not me vs Britain
    I’m not British and I’m not American
    Just something I noticed about British refs
    Now can I have your opinion without bias

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
      Too many early stoppages in US.
      Also too many late stoppages in the US. I don't think it's as general as people make things out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by diplo View Post
        Also too many late stoppages in the US. I don't think it's as general as people make things out to be.
        The worst stoppage I've seen last year was Jennings vs Dimitrenko.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
          The worst stoppage I've seen last year was Jennings vs Dimitrenko.
          Worst I can think of too and I’m no particular fan of Dimitrenko.

Plenty of bad stoppages in boxing period. The Wilder/Fury fight is an excellent example of how a referee should do his job .

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
            Worst I can think of too and I’m no particular fan of Dimitrenko.

Plenty of bad stoppages in boxing period. The Wilder/Fury fight is an excellent example of how a referee should do his job .
            We agree there.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
              The reason for this thread is because I honestly believe a British ref would of waved the fight off against Fury
              Having his eyes closed and all , that is my belief
              I find British refs are quick to the draw
              It gets said a bit on here. I'm not sure it's true.

For one, Fury's eyes weren't closed. We don't know what state he was in, but he was certainly looking up.

For two, do British refs really wave fights off without a count? I went back and watched the Whyte knockout of Chisora... if a fight was going to be waved straight off that would be it.

The ref didn't though. He was still counting when Chisora's team were jumping in the ring! Even when Chisora was very clearly out.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
                It gets said a bit on here. I'm not sure it's true.

For one, Fury's eyes weren't closed. We don't know what state he was in, but he was certainly looking up.

For two, do British refs really wave fights off without a count? I went back and watched the Whyte knockout of Chisora... if a fight was going to be waved straight off that would be it.

The ref didn't though. He was still counting when Chisora's team were jumping in the ring! Even when Chisora was very clearly out.

I’ve noticed over the years , watching some fights that British refs seem to jump the gun quickly
                I was just looking for some feedback
                And Fury said he was out for the first five and if I recall his eyes were closed until he was risen from the dead
                And also yesterday their was a fight called prematurely at the WBSS , still trying to find out if the ref was British or not

Comment

The ref did not wave fight off. He never made it up at 10 count

Comment

Working...
                  X