Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to support your favourite fighters without hating on their rivals?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to support your favourite fighters without hating on their rivals?

A lot of people seem to struggle with this. Like it is near impossible not to hate on your favourite fighter's rivals.

The obvious example is AJ and Hearn fans hating on Fury relentlessly. Personally I am a big Fury fan, but I have respect for AJ and it is good to see UK. African and Irish Heavyweight boxing flourishing. (Technically speaking, AJ identifies as African and Fury has said many times he fights for Ireland.) If you go on any YouTube videos featuring either fighter though, you just get a constant stream of AJ/Hearn fanboys spouting nonsense. Why is that? Even on AJ vids, they aren't talking up their man but trash-talking Fury. Is this just a small minority of fans? Doesn't seem like it. They also downvote Fury videos like crazy lately.

Just a weird and negative way to follow boxing. Personally I like all three of Fury, AJ and Wilder. Obviously my favourite, and I believe clearly the most complete boxer of the three is Fury. But I don't have to trash the other two to get my opinion across.

This happens everywhere in boxing, like you have to pick a side. Fanboys also love to go around labelling anyone who doesn't share their views as haters? Weirdos. Canelo-GGG, Crawford-Spence, Loma-Tank being some other examples.

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
    A lot of people seem to struggle with this. Like it is near impossible not to hate on your favourite fighter's rivals.

The obvious example is AJ and Hearn fans hating on Fury relentlessly. Personally I am a big Fury fan, but I have respect for AJ and it is good to see UK. African and Irish Heavyweight boxing flourishing. (Technically speaking, AJ identifies as African and Fury has said many times he fights for Ireland.) If you go on any YouTube videos featuring either fighter though, you just get a constant stream of AJ/Hearn fanboys spouting nonsense. Why is that? Even on AJ vids, they aren't talking up their man but trash-talking Fury. Is this just a small minority of fans? Doesn't seem like it. They also downvote Fury videos like crazy lately.

Just a weird and negative way to follow boxing. Personally I like all three of Fury, AJ and Wilder. Obviously my favourite, and I believe clearly the most complete boxer of the three is Fury. But I don't have to trash the other two to get my opinion across.

This happens everywhere in boxing, like you have to pick a side. Fanboys also love to go around labelling anyone who doesn't share their views as haters? Weirdos. Canelo-GGG, Crawford-Spence, Loma-Tank being some other examples.
    Not all of them, but it doesn't help that a certain portion of fans ruin something. Canelo fans are literal brainlets, whereas most AJ fans I talk to are pretty decent. Don't think Crawford fans Vs. Spence fans is that toxic, don't really think either have that much of a following tbh.

Comment

Of course , i like Wilder .. I think AJ is a dick but i still like to watch his fights , as a boxer and athlete he's top notch . I like Fury in interviews but dont enjoy watching his fights as much as Wilder or AJ . They all give us **** to talk about

Comment

Can't critique Canelo without being a "butthurt GGG fan" lol

Comment

Of course. Although a lot of people act like it we aren't all children

Comment

“AJ identifies as African”
            The Hearn Stan’s are going to be after you for that comment. I said that before and they went wild lol. Great post though. I think trash talk will always be apart of boxing

Comment

Lol of course not

Comment

Originally posted by makaveli1875 View Post
                Of course , i like Wilder .. I think AJ is a dick but i still like to watch his fights , as a boxer and athlete he's top notch . I like Fury in interviews but dont enjoy watching his fights as much as Wilder or AJ . They all give us **** to talk about
                Why is AJ a dick? He's the most honest and likeable guy in boxing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okxt0aIaSMk

Comment

I do it all the time.

Deontay Wilder's my guy, but I support Tyson Fury and thought he won their fight.

I like GGG, but I also like Danny Jacobs and think he beat him.

I mean, all that stan war bullshxt is corny.

It's like back in the day in Hip-Hop when Jay-Z & Nas fans kept ruining every forum during their beef.

Comment

Originally posted by Froch_uppercut View Post
                    Why is AJ a dick? He's the most honest and likeable guy in boxing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okxt0aIaSMk
                    Fury gives us batman and klit licking , Wilder gives us till this day and silly masks . AJ gives us a cheeky smile and some lynx deoderant with his name on it

Comment

Working...
                    X