Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is Your Favorite Fighter's Worst Performance?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
    some that come to mind for fighters i liked:

Paul Williams- Quintana

JMM-Norwood

Morales-Raheem

Walters-Lomachenko
    Yeah, that Norwood fight was terrible. Marquez's lowest point. I definitely agree. And Norwood celebrating at the end to a chorus of boos. That truly sucked. Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
      My current favorite fighter is Usyk and while he has won all of his fights, I felt that his fight against Michael Hunter could have gone better. Usyk clearly won but the fight was pretty close for the first half, closer than it should have been imo. Of course, Usyk is known to wear his opponents out which he did here as well. Also, Bellew had a little too much success against him in the early going although I thought by the sixth round, it was evident what was going to happen.

How about you? What's the worst performance from your favorite fighter?
      Pac-Floyd. Two of my favorite fighters and they displayed the worst performance of their lives in the fight of the century.

Imo, Floyd had more than enough to do better than what he did. Defensively it was just another day in the office for him, but offensively? That was easily his worst. He just kept on nullifying pac til the very end when he could have stepped on the gas and KOed him and make a statement. Yes I do believe he could have had he tried. I think he played it too safe and was not willing to take the risk that wasn’t really in there. Pac was outsized, confused, out age?! and many times outspeed yet Floyd didn’t really take much advantage. He was happy to coast.

Granted Pac was out of his best days, more than Floyd was in my opinion coz obviously due to style. He also didn’t push as hard as I thought he would have. Though I don’t think that version of Pac could’ve done anything to reverse the situation, he could’ve prepared better for it. Roach was arrogant enough during the approach to the fight, and to a certain extent pac as well.
      They still believe Floyd was scared of him. Yes i think he used to but right when he signed? Not anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
        Pac-Floyd. Two of my favorite fighters and they displayed the worst performance of their lives in the fight of the century.

Imo, Floyd had more than enough to do better than what he did. Defensively it was just another day in the office for him, but offensively? That was easily his worst. He just kept on nullifying pac til the very end when he could have stepped on the gas and KOed him and make a statement. Yes I do believe he could have had he tried. I think he played it too safe and was not willing to take the risk that wasn’t really in there. Pac was outsized, confused, out age?! and many times outspeed yet Floyd didn’t really take much advantage. He was happy to coast.

Granted Pac was out of his best days, more than Floyd was in my opinion coz obviously due to style. He also didn’t push as hard as I thought he would have. Though I don’t think that version of Pac could’ve done anything to reverse the situation, he could’ve prepared better for it. Roach was arrogant enough during the approach to the fight, and to a certain extent pac as well.
        They still believe Floyd was scared of him. Yes i think he used to but right when he signed? Not anymore.
        Yeah, that whole event was a colossal disappointment. Definitely not good for the sport. And I agree. May and Pac both let us down that night. But oh well. I know it could have been better for sure. Maybe the next fight of the century will be worthy of the title or at least fight of the year, which that wasn't.

Comment

pac and floyd will take some beating as the worst performance given how we all know how they could have performed

Benn vs Collins 2 was tough to watch I was hoping Benn would get revenge and he talked a good game in the build up but his body was just too broken and shot he looked awful then his ankle blew out

Comment

Yeah, that whole event was a colossal disappointment. Definitely not good for the sport. And I agree. May and Pac both let us down that night. But oh well. I know it could have been better for sure. Maybe the next fight of the century will be worthy of the title or at least fight of the year, which that wasn't.
            Regardless as a pinoy or not, idk if I could anticipate for a fight more than that one in my life time, but of course I hope I’m wrong. That one just had all the ingredients to it. Defense vs offense, former no. 1 p4p came back from retirement to beat the new one bla bla bla. Only to happen 6 yrs later and was a snoozefest.

It might take another 15 years for a super fight like that to happen again.

we can start making up for it though with Crawford-Spence happening in their absolute primes, hopefully

Comment

Inoue vs Petchbarngborn Kokietgym in 2016. He looked like he was totally out of gas by the time he got the KO in the 10th. I'm surprised I don't see that fight brought up more often when people debate how good he is.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                I knew you were going with Usyk, but I thought his opening 6 against Briedis were far closer than the Hunter fight.
                I would agree but I hold Breidis in higher regard than Hunter. Not knocking Hunter either by any means, but I feel Breidis is more skilled. I figured his fight with Breidis would be a clincher.
                Usyk and Briedis are both stylists from the "Eastern European school"... and Usyk usually is a slow starter...

Comment

... Bute vs Froch...

(... back then I was somehow close to one of Bute's advisers... I was repeatedly telling him to make Bute rehearse inside working and smart clinching... but that stupid Canadian coach knew nothing of the kind...)

Comment

Working...
                  X