No announcement yet.

Spence is wasting his talent.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
    The man is 29 years old with Thurman, Crawford, Porter, Garcia in his division yet he calls out a blown up 135'er to fight. Spence is excellent but he needs to fight the best whilst he is in his prime. He can earn the HUGE money fights when he has built up his resume more.
    And who the hell are you to tell him when to earn the huge money? If the money is there with a big fight with Pacquio you take it now. When did Spence call out a 135er

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
      I'm not sure it's entirely his fault but I hope it kicks into high gear from here on out.

Ideally, he would have gotten a shot at Floyd to do a 'passing of the torch' kind of fight but I guess that was too much to ask of Floyd. It's going to have to be Pac that creates that kind of fight for Spence - cpl years later than it should have been
      Pacquio is younger than Floyd though? You want him to fight a older mayweather but not Pacquio? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
        Why don’t you ever make any threads about those irrelevant fighters in the UK? Why are you so obsessed with America? Don’t worry about Spence and his career I’m sure he doesn’t need some irrelevant blogger from boxingscene telling him how to handle his career. If anything you should be offering advice to drug addict Saunders and Fury they are the ones wasting their careers
        Believe it or not, it's all about UK vs US. As a fan it's just frustrating to see good fights not being made and good fighters making such slow progress.
        I'm sure we can all agree that unification should have long since happened at 147 and blaming it all on Shawn Porter doesn't work for me.
        Spence is 29, went to the same Olympics as Joshua, fights in a marquee division and has a fan friendly style. Shouldn't he be past the "build up" stage by now?
        In fact, I had hoped that his ultimate goal would be Canelo at 160 rather this whole marination thing with Crawford whose already 31.

Comment

If it was then you wouldn’t be so concerned with America lmao. Because all the best fights are here. If it wasn’t for the Nigerian Anthony Joshua no1 would even care about boring UK boxing. And he doesn’t even want to fight there anymore lol. Don’t worry about Spence worry about boring cheaters Fury and Saunders.
          No need to worry yourself we are all good over here pal, plenty of top fighters and some more coming through the ranks

Comment

Pacquio is younger than Floyd though? You want him to fight a older mayweather but not Pacquio? Lol

It's too bad that one of our young potential stars Spence didn't get a shot at Floyd but *****ing Conor McGregor did.

Thankfully, Pac is still fighting and Spence will get a shot to
            beat him and get some real shine

Comment

To be fair, I haven't heard Spence call out any of his contemporaries and neither have they been screaming his name. A LW called him out and got the fight. Now Spence is calling out an aged Pacquiao. He claims Porter can't sell out a dinner, which is a way of excusing not taking that fight. The time is now for these young champions of the same weight division to face each other.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
                To be fair, I haven't heard Spence call out any of his contemporaries and neither have they been screaming his name. A LW called him out and got the fight. Now Spence is calling out an aged Pacquiao. He claims Porter can't sell out a dinner, which is a way of excusing not taking that fight. The time is now for these young champions of the same weight division to face each other.
                Whoever beats Pac will be the A side in any future negotiations. Any one of the top welterweights with a brain in their head would jump at the chance of fighting him.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
                  It's too bad that one of our young potential stars Spence didn't get a shot at Floyd but *****ing Conor McGregor did.

Thankfully, Pac is still fighting and Spence will get a shot to
                  beat him and get some real shine
                  How much shine is there in beating an old man? I mean, Jeff freaking Horn has a win against Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
                    He was calling out Thurman when his fights were still in the teen numbers. He called out Porter right in front of his face. Danny Garcia! He even talked about fighting Canelo.

To be fair you should probably know all that before you spoke on it.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                      Whoever beats Pac will be the A side in any future negotiations. Any one of the top welterweights with a brain in their head would jump at the chance of fighting him.
                      I see what your saying, but Pac is so way past it now and hasn't beaten any one of the top young guys. Beating him at this point may give Spence a little jump, but nothing like if Pac was prime.

Comment

Working...
                      X