• NSB PICK 'EM 2019 #63 AND #64. 13th SEPTEMBER 2019

FRIDAY 13th SEPTEMBER 2019

New York, NY, USA (UTC-4)

Michael Hunter vs Sergei Kuzmin

and

Devin Haney vs Zaur Abdullaev

BETTING ODDS:

Hunter: -350 Kuzmin: +250
    Haney: -2500 Abdullaev: +1000 (x4 on Abdullaev)

Ways fighters can win:
    Decision: WIDE or CLOSE
    KO: EARLY (1-4), MID (5-8) or LATE (9-12)

Examples of the ways you can state your decision:

PICK EM CREW, Kuzmin, KO, Late x2
    PICK EM CREW, ABDULLAEV, DEC, CLOSE x2
    If no multiplier is specified in your pick (ie x2, x3) then it will be assumed that no multiplier is being used (x1)
    If you wish to pick a Draw result, simply state your Username, both fighter names and DRAW, ie:

PICK EM CREW, Hunter, Kuzmin, DRAW
    IMPORTANT NOTE: NONE OF THE WBSS FIGHTS CAN BE SCORED A DRAW - ONE FIGHTER WILL ALWAYS BE DECLARED A WINNER. ANY UNCORRECTED DRAW PICKS ON THE WBSS WILL BE WASTED.

NOTES:
    -Picking the correct winner earns 20 pts
    -Picking the correct method earns 10 pts
    -Picking the correct detail is worth 10 pts
    -Draws are worth 120 pts. A perfect pick without a multiplier is 40pts.

-CLOSE is <12 pts difference, or anything closer than 116-112 on all three scorecards. WIDE is >=12 pts difference, or anything equivalent to 116-112 on all three cards or wider.

-If you'd like to change your pick before the fight starts, post in this thread to do so. Ideally tag me so that I don't miss it.

-2X doubles your points and 3X triples your points. Everyone starts with 5 doubles and 3 triples to use throughout the year. If you forget how many you have left, check the leaderboard in the master thread.

Sticky me -MEGA-, BostonGuy, TBear, jaded, LoadedWraps, bigjavi973
    Last edited by PICK EM CREW; 09-04-2019, 08:48 AM.

Okay gentlemen, with Danny Roman out with an injured shoulder and insufficient interest in the great ladies matchup between Heather Hardy and Amanda Serrano we're down to a pair of solid but not exactly AAA matchups in Haney vs Abdullaev and Hunter vs Kuzmin.

Whilst Zaur Abdullaev on paper probably represents a slight step up from Devin's previous opponents the eye test ain't giving him a lot of hope here; capable and competent rather than creative and eyecatching Zaur ain't looking likely to score the upset.. but it's just possible he may force Haney to dig a little deeper than we're used to seeing.

Kuzmin was the more successful amateur, but judging by recent pro performances Hunter is the rightful favourite here... despite his sole loss to Usyk, Hunter has otherwise looked extremely impressive and seems to have settled well at his new weightclass... still, despite making hard work of Dawejko, Kuzmin can punch and has a considerable size advantage. Definitely not a foregone conclusion.

Good luck gentlemen, and regards to you all.

K

Comment

Justintimothyko

Haney dec close
      Hunter dec wide

Comment

Mammoth, Haney, Decision, Wide x2
        Mammoth, Hunter, KO, Late x2
        Last edited by Mammoth; 09-13-2019, 11:07 AM.

Comment

BigZ44, Haney, DEC, Wide
          BigZ44, Hunter, KO, Late

Comment

Redd Foxx; Hunter, Dec, Wide.
            Redd Foxx; Haney, Dec, Wide, 2x
            Last edited by Redd Foxx; 09-04-2019, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PICK EM CREW View Post
              Okay gentlemen, with Danny Roman out with an injured shoulder and insufficient interest in the great ladies matchup between Heather Hardy and Amanda Serrano we're down to a pair of solid but not exactly AAA matchups in Haney vs Abdullaev and Hunter vs Kuzmin.
              K
              Heya Bros. I know ya been away a bit , and getting ready for school and whatnot must be a bit crazy, but I think we need to look at those fight dates...and probably do a Poll for September (if possible).

Haney vs Abdullaev and Hunter vs Kuzmin are on the 13th I believe.

Also, ya got Tyson Fury vs Otto Wallin on Sept 14 along with Navarette vs Juan Miguel Elorde, 12 rounds, for Navarrete's WBO junior featherweight title...Jose Pedraza vs Jose Zepeda if ya dig deeper...all on the 14th..

Then in California there is: Jaime Munguia vs. Patrick Allotey, 12 rounds, for Munguia's WBO junior middleweight title
              Ryan Garcia vs. Avery Sparrow, 10 rounds, lightweights...on the 14th

Linares fights in Tokyo on the 7th, but that's about it.

Overall, September looks a little thin until the 28th, but I have some other suggestions if anybody is interested...
              Thanks a lot Broskis --

Comment

SceneBoxer:
                Hunter, Dec, Close
                Abdullaev, Ko, Late

Comment

Haewood32

Hunter KO mid
                  Haney dec wide

Comment

Originally posted by CauliflowerEars View Post
                    Heya Bros. I know ya been away a bit , and getting ready for school and whatnot must be a bit crazy, but I think we need to look at those fight dates...and probably do a Poll for September (if possible).

Haney vs Abdullaev and Hunter vs Kuzmin are on the 13th I believe.

Also, ya got Tyson Fury vs Otto Wallin on Sept 14 along with Navarette vs Juan Miguel Elorde, 12 rounds, for Navarrete's WBO junior featherweight title...Jose Pedraza vs Jose Zepeda if ya dig deeper...all on the 14th..

Then in California there is: Jaime Munguia vs. Patrick Allotey, 12 rounds, for Munguia's WBO junior middleweight title
                    Ryan Garcia vs. Avery Sparrow, 10 rounds, lightweights...on the 14th

Linares fights in Tokyo on the 7th, but that's about it.

Overall, September looks a little thin until the 28th, but I have some other suggestions if anybody is interested...
                    Thanks a lot Broskis --
                    Ha ha... You are right of course, been a hectic few days and just waved my older son off for his first day at secondary school. I was in such a hurry to get the thread up in time for this Saturday that I just scrolled the Boxrec schedule until I came to a decent coupla fights and just assumed I was still looking at this week... Well, we all know what Assumptions make

No harm done though, I'll try to get one of the mods to get the thread title corrected and all's good. Like you say it's a kinda quiet month so we should have plenty of time to get on top of ish, though I'm real busy til the weekend, so I'll probably look at the advance schedule then.

Regards

K

Comment

Working...
                    X