Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
      Thats the problem with Jordan stans. You just regurgitate what the media tells you. You realize that zone defense was illegal in the 90's right. Which means that players weren't even allowed to sag off the player they were guarding to play help defense. Also, I play street ball where small holding fouls are allowed but guess what, I can still score easily because the players guarding me don't have the foot speed to keep up.

I'd rather be guarded by fouling pilons then elite athletes that can actually move their feet and stay in front of me. The player who everyone thinks guarded Jordan the best was Starks who is 6'2" 175 lbs. lmao
      Technically, a zone defense is illegal in today’s nba as well. The main idea of a zone is that you can park your biggest guy in the middle. The defensive 3 second rule doesn’t let you do that.

Comment

Nobody should of ever compared him to Jordan. It's his own fault for coming in with so much hype.

Comment

Originally posted by Longhaul View Post
          The media doesn’t have to tell me **** back when you could still get a ticket to the games and even when Detroit was knocking them out of the playoffs a few years in a row I saw him play live many times and in meaninglessness games he played both ends of the court unlike Lebron and didn’t have to be pushed in to a defensive position or take plays off .I saw not long ago him getting stripped and never went back on defense.They are done with his attitude and lazy play in LA and you watch they are going to dump his ass.There is talk already that the old lady is ready move him onto another team.
          If you judge a players greatness by his offensive skills only than where do you put Chamberlin.Defense is and always will separate the good the great and the GOAT.Soon James will be a Carmelo all offense and absolutely no d.
          Soooo... you think its smart to compare a prime MJ to a Lebron who is past his prime?

That makes sense to you?

Lebron in his prime was a monster defensively.

I cant think of too many players who could be asked to defend straight up Tony Parker on one possession and then Tim Duncan the next.

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
            Bulls won 55 games without Jordan in 94
            Celtics won 55 games and Warriors won 58 games last year. Think about that

Jordan rejoining the Bulls in 95 is the same as if Lebron joined the Celtics this year. It would be a guaranteed title except Jordan couldn't even get passed the 2nd round. Needed to add the best defensive player(Rodman) in order to help an already good team win more titles.
            That is how you measure greatness? lol

Championships = Jordan...Never saw a game seven in the finals
            Mvps = Jordan
            Finals Mvps = Jordan
            All time PER in regular season and playoffs = Jordan
            Defensive player of the year = Jordan
            Defensive first teams = Jordan, and tied for the record
            Defensive player of the year and MVP in the same season = Jordan (one of two players to accomplish this)
            200 steals and 100 blocks in a season = Jordan, one of three players to ever do this and he did it twice.
            Led the league in steals three times = Jordan
            Led the league in scoring ten times = Jordan Holds the record
            All time scoring average = Jordan
            7 straight scoring titles = Jordan.. One of two players to accomplish this

And he did this in an era when you almost had to have a dominant big man to win. The dude literally changed how you win championships in the NBA.

But you keep going with that wins in a season crap lol.

Oh and how the hell are you going to call Rodman the best defensive player in the league in 96? That is hysterical. He was still a good defensive player and rebounder, but he wasn't even top 5 at that point in his career. He finished 7th, out of top ten and tied for 5th with four other players in DPOTY voting during the second three peat.

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
              Soooo... you think its smart to compare a prime MJ to a Lebron who is past his prime?

That makes sense to you?

Lebron in his prime was a monster defensively.

I cant think of too many players who could be asked to defend straight up Tony Parker on one possession and then Tim Duncan the next.
              Jordan made all defensive first team at 35, Lebron hasn't been defensive first team since he was 28. Out of prime Jordan was better than a prime Lebron, defensively. This myth that Lebron could guard all 5 positions is laughable. He was never locking down a center for any amount of time outside of switching and a PG, please. Lebron had a 5 or 6 year run where he was outstanding on defense. Jordan, outside of the Wizards, was always a monster.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
                Jordan made all defensive first team at 35, Lebron hasn't been defensive first team since he was 28. Out of prime Jordan was better than a prime Lebron, defensively. This myth that Lebron could guard all 5 positions is laughable. He was never locking down a center for any amount of time outside of switching and a PG, please. Lebron had a 5 or 6 year run where he was outstanding on defense. Jordan, outside of the Wizards, was always a monster.
                I dont know why you think I made the case that Lebron is better defensively then MJ but...

1. MJ at 34 had ALOT LESS miles on his body then Lebron does now. Because you know, Lebron came into the league at a younger age, took his teams alot further then MJ did at a younger age (MJ kept getting bounced in the first round), did not take a year and a half off like MJ did, and thats not to mention that Lebron played in an era with alot more movement then MJ did (MJ played in a slow, feed the ball down low every play type era).

2. Its not a myth that Lebron could guard all 5 positions. It literally happened all 4 of his years in Miami. You cant say he didnt so something that he was actually seen doing. Was he a lockdown defender at all 5 positions? Of course not, such a thing is not physically possible. You still could not name another player who did it.

Comment

Originally posted by Longhaul View Post
                  The media doesn’t have to tell me **** back when you could still get a ticket to the games and even when Detroit was knocking them out of the playoffs a few years in a row I saw him play live many times and in meaninglessness games he played both ends of the court unlike Lebron and didn’t have to be pushed in to a defensive position or take plays off .I saw not long ago him getting stripped and never went back on defense.They are done with his attitude and lazy play in LA and you watch they are going to dump his ass.There is talk already that the old lady is ready move him onto another team.
                  If you judge a players greatness by his offensive skills only than where do you put Chamberlin.Defense is and always will separate the good the great and the GOAT.Soon James will be a Carmelo all offense and absolutely no d.
                  Theres the problem right there. You haven't watched those games now. You're just living off the memory. Obviously players looked better back then because you didn't see any better. Try watching those games now. I became a basketball fan because of Jordan. I use to think he was a god. Then I started re-watching his games on NBAtv, youtube, torrents.... and I was surprised at how unimpressive he(and everyone else) was back then. Jordan wasn't nearly as good as I remembered. Players now are just on another level.

Jordan maybe had 2 games a year where he was guarded by a decent defender. Lebron gets guarded by elite defenders EVERY game. The fact that Lebron passed Jordan in all-time scoring taking less shots then him and playing against better defense, makes him the GOAT.

Originally posted by digdis View Post
                  Technically, a zone defense is illegal in today’s nba as well. The main idea of a zone is that you can park your biggest guy in the middle. The defensive 3 second rule doesn’t let you do that.
                  that is not Zone defense kid. smh

That is how you measure greatness? lol

Championships = Jordan...Never saw a game seven in the finals
                  Mvps = Jordan
                  Finals Mvps = Jordan
                  All time PER in regular season and playoffs = Jordan
                  Defensive player of the year = Jordan
                  Defensive first teams = Jordan, and tied for the record
                  Defensive player of the year and MVP in the same season = Jordan (one of two players to accomplish this)
                  200 steals and 100 blocks in a season = Jordan, one of three players to ever do this and he did it twice.
                  Led the league in steals three times = Jordan
                  Led the league in scoring ten times = Jordan Holds the record
                  All time scoring average = Jordan
                  7 straight scoring titles = Jordan.. One of two players to accomplish this

And he did this in an era when you almost had to have a dominant big man to win. The dude literally changed how you win championships in the NBA.

But you keep going with that wins in a season crap lol.

Oh and how the hell are you going to call Rodman the best defensive player in the league in 96? That is hysterical. He was still a good defensive player and rebounder, but he wasn't even top 5 at that point in his career. He finished 7th, out of top ten and tied for 5th with four other players in DPOTY voting during the second three peat.
                  in 1993 East finals game 3, the Bulls were down 0-2 to the Knicks. When Bulls needed Jordan to have a big game, he shot 3-18. Thats .166 FG% in the most important game of the season up to that point. Bulls still won becuase they had a team full of all-stars, but Jordan still choked. This is the kind of stuff the media doesn't talk about.

BTW, this is the same media that votes on all those fake awards you listed above. Non statistical awards are meaningless. Jordan was never the best defensive player in the league ever. Wasn't even the best defensive player on his own team. Pippen, Rodman and Horace Grant were better defenders than him.

Comment

Jordan made all-defensive team because of his name not his actual abilities. Jordan wasn't a good 1on1 defender.

Lebron doesn't put effort on defense anymore because he's 6'8 260 lbs. It's hard to play hard for 40mins on both ends of the court. If Lebron played in the 90's when players weren't as quick, he would play a lot harder on defense. Prime Lebron was easily the best defender in the NBA. Only player that could guard all 5 positions on the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
                      I dont know why you think I made the case that Lebron is better defensively then MJ but...

1. MJ at 34 had ALOT LESS miles on his body then Lebron does now. Because you know, Lebron came into the league at a younger age, took his teams alot further then MJ did at a younger age (MJ kept getting bounced in the first round), did not take a year and a half off like MJ did, and thats not to mention that Lebron played in an era with alot more movement then MJ did (MJ played in a slow, feed the ball down low every play type era).

2. Its not a myth that Lebron could guard all 5 positions. It literally happened all 4 of his years in Miami. You cant say he didnt so something that he was actually seen doing. Was he a lockdown defender at all 5 positions? Of course not, such a thing is not physically possible. You still could not name another player who did it.
                      He had more miles yes, at 34. That is why I made the comparison of MJ at 35 and Lebron at 28. Was Lebron out of his prime at 29,30, 31? And yes the game was slower with fewer possessions which just makes Mj's numbers that much more impressive considering he had fewer opportunities.

As for guarding. If the metric for "guarding" someone is switching over to them on defense then MJ could guard all 5 positions. There are plenty of highlights of him blocking and pick pocketing Hakeem, Barkley, Ewing, English and the list goes on and on. Being able to guard all 5 positions means you could play that position and excel and as you said no one could do that. Closest thing I've seen to that is Pippen, not Lebron.

Comment

Working...
                      X