Pink Floyd vs Queen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I call it a tie

Comment

Fan of both. Both great in their own way.

Seen both live.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
        They are both incredible bands.

Their lead guitarists are both legendary, transcendental talents.

Freddie Mercury was the superior front man and vocalist.

Pink Floyd put together the better albums, Queen made the better songs. Pink Floyd gave you an experience, Queen rocked you.

They both had incredible concerts. Pink Floyd with elaborate sets, Queen based on the charisma of Mercury.

I love them both, and can't pick a favourite between them.

Good breakdown of both bands. Mercury was probably the GOAT singer. And his stage presence alone outshined Pink Floyd, but Floyd went a different direction with the live visuals.

But I pick Pink Floyd over Queen and I believe they had the better songs and albums. I have to admit I'm a huge Floyd fanboy and I own all their albums, grew up wearing their shirts and had posters on my wall. I even named my cat after "See Emily Play."

As for Queen, I Iisten to them on YouTube sometimes.

So I'm a little bias towards Floyd.

Comment

Pink Floyd is awful unless your stoned.

Queen holds up straight.

Neither are Pantera.

Comment

I love listening to Echoes or Shine on you Crazy Diamond during long drives.

That's why Meddle and Wish You Were Here are my favorites. Also underrated Animals and the universally loved Dark Side.

Pink Floyd was just so experimental and I love the unique sounds they created. The album artwork as well.

And David Gilmour is such an amazing guitarist. Not the most flashy, but I loved his note selection, tone, and feeling he puts into his playing. No other guitarist produced a tone that was as pleasing to the ear as his.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
              Also underrated Animals and the universally loved Dark Side.
              Animals is excellent. Another one that is under-rated, almost never mentioned, is The Final Cut. It's one of my favourite Pink Floyd albums - yet it doesn't seem to get much love.

People also seem to overlook The Wall. I don't know why, it is a masterpiece. Not as good as DSOTM or WYWH, but still a brilliant album.

Watching the movie while high is pretty awesome too.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
                Animals is excellent. Another one that is under-rated, almost never mentioned, is The Final Cut. It's one of my favourite Pink Floyd albums - yet it doesn't seem to get much love.

People also seem to overlook The Wall. I don't know why, it is a masterpiece. Not as good as DSOTM or WYWH, but still a brilliant album.

Watching the movie while high is pretty awesome too.

The Wall is a masterpiece, but I got stoned and listened to that album way too much as a teenager. Also watched the movie quite a bit.

A lot of Floyd fans consider that album great, but had too much Waters and not enough Gilmour. It was pretty self indulgent on Waters part and had some "filler" type songs which is expected for a double album, but still a masterpiece regardless.

Floyd did have some gems post-the Wall period.

Comment

Now this is a tough one. I'm going to stick my neck out and say Pink Floyd by the smallest of cunt hairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                    Jhonny and I went for a ****ing walk... I saw this fine azz Japanese hoe... as I go closer, I realized she was mine...

She called me a freak and weirdo... I was shocked that I’ll f her tonight.... in slow motion...
                    im sure you have gravure/jav models broken throughout your part of the globe

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
                      im sure you have gravure/jav models broken throughout your part of the globe
                      I got it like that... fine azz j wimmin..I kissed a random pretty Japanese beauty in front of her man...I’m so old and ugly I can pull it off... getting old svcks.... I’m getting older daily... I’m colleith that...

Comment

Working...
                      X