Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mcgregor v mayweather- how easily people are influenced....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcgregor v mayweather- how easily people are influenced....

just reading some of the comments on articles from casuals. I clicked on a facebook post and its coming across as if its a 50/50 fight. Even on this site the mood seems to have changed from widespread condemnation to many posters giving mcgregor a shot at winning. Yes, a guy whos never boxed professionally supposedly has a legitimate shot against floyd mayweather.

I guess it shows how easily people are influenced and the susceptibility to propaganda. You forcefeed the public the same message enough times and they will believe it. Even when it flies in the face of all logic, people are now giving mcgregor a chance of beating mayweather because theyve been told it can happen. Theyve heard the sparring stories, theyve heard the supposed experts saying mcgregor can do it, maybe they even believe floyd when he says how risky it is.

Maybe its just laziness, rather than people forming their own opinions on things and look at logic, they just regurgitate bull**** that other people say. Its submission to people who are supposedly 'in the know'. This seems to be something thats symptomatic in society in general now, people bowing to the 'better judgement' of others.

Look at the betting odds, they are damn crazy, mayweather 1/4, compared to crawford who is 1/20 to beat indongo.

Im not buying the spin that this is somehow a positive for the sport. Its an embarrassment for combat sports that this is going to be one of, if not, the highest selling ppv of all time.

I class a great night of boxing as something that actually happens within the ring, a great fight for the ages with lots of action and drama. maybe people get too caught up in seeing things as a great 'event', we had people analysing who won the press conferences. Seems as if the actual sport is secondary to the showbiz side of things these days. Boxings becoming a pantomime. You could probably stick two movie stars in the ring now, hype it up a bit and sell a **** tonne of ppvs.

It's crazy. Even at my workplace my colleagues are talking about Conor winning. I really can't argue with casuals, they know I follow boxing at work etc and they kept asking for my opinion but I just couldn't stop laughing.

Comment

CM=TBE! 0 fights, beats FMJ 49-0. All hail...

Comment

I've had discussions with collegues about the fight. MMa fans and casual boxing fans. They seem to believe if conner hits mayweather the fight is over. I've asked if boxers who've trained from an early age couldnt do it why a guy who hasnt had a single boxing match can?

"you dont get it bro, he hits with force"

Comment

Why not take advantage of such skewed odds and make a good buck? at 4/1 why not drop 40k and pick up the easiest 10k of your life. Or better yet parlay that with Badou Jack beating Cleverly and make a killing...Sure it's a sham of a fight, but it's a great opportunity if you're looking at it from an investing/betting angle. I sure as **** don't want to look back on this fight and think of a disappointing 1 sided fight when I can remember what at the very least paid for several vacations.

Comment

thats how they make the big bucks....

Comment

A few seconds of sparring selectively edited iequals 49-0 to the chumps.

The fact McGregor's side has been caught lying several times now is a big hint as to how not ready he is.

And I've told several MMA fans that Conor doesn't hit nearly as hard as most of Mayweather's opponents. This confuses them. Mayweather himself likely hits much harder than Conor.

Comment

connor will win but only fi you know boxing. you have to know floyd has lost 2 out of his last 4 fights(should have been 3 and a dq loss in the maidana rematch) and floyd is 40. not that conor is great but you dont have to be great to beat floyd who had a puffed up record of old and overrated opponents the last 20 years or so

Comment

People keep forgetting that boxing in MMA is different from boxing in Boxing the fact that they wear different-sized gloves.
                  Boxers get tired just raising their hands with heavy gloves on.
                  It takes experience and practice to be able to get used to it.
                  Of course, there'll be more likelihood of seeing KO's in MMA than in boxing simply because their hands are not padded with thick rubbers.

Comment

That's how you make money

Get the attention of casual fans

Comment

Working...
                    X