Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spong: This Is Manipulative Attempt To Remove Me From Usyk Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
    People seem to be confusing VADA and UKAD protocols.
    Many boxing fans are easily confused, especially by articles which deliberately try to sow confusion in their minds with paragraphs like this:

"On both occasions, news of the test results were released almost immediately after VADA notified all parties involved. As much was not the case in a heavyweight fight this past July, when Dillian Whyte was permitted to proceed with his bout with previously unbeaten Oscar Rivas, surviving a knockdown to score a unanimous decision win."

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
      Seems a strange "rule" when the opposing fighter wouldn't be viewed as an "interested third party", doesn't it? After all it's him/her that'll be getting punched in the head by a potential cheater!
      It is beyond absurd that the opponent does not have a "vested, contracted interest" being the opponent. That anyone would have to point out that the opponent is DEFINITELY an "interested party" reveals that this is sham legalese and nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
        it is disgusting he was not even told by Hearns yet found in the newspapers my take is somebody realised Spong is no Bum he was rated 10 times a better fighter than Dilan Whyte was in K1 rules he would have stopped Whyte in quick fashion.

So Eddie Hearns spiked his stuff and gave the results to VADA, when it is his own fighter he goes quiet yet the other guy is published. Usyk was gonna beat up so best switch guy label him a drug cheat.

It definitely looks bad and suspicious. That they had alternatives "already waiting", after taking months to finally settle on Spong makes it even more suspicious.

But, we'll see in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          I dont think this will get the same attention so I doubt it.

Do we know what he got hit for. I thought I seen a name of something initially, but when Im looking around now Im not seeing an exact substance noted.

And sh^t like I always say with this sh^t the supplement industry is massively sketchy so IT IS entirely possible Tyrone didnt know he took anything banned, but the rules are the rules & you are ultimately in charge of all things that go into your body.

So its on you if you were legit cheating or just unknowingly took something. If he ingested something unknowingly he should be able to reduce any punishment he may get from this situation if he can show that thats the case.
          To be honest, people are playing with fire by taking any supplements at all. The banned list gets updated so often that it's really hard to keep up, I've had friends and colleagues discharged from service due simply to not fully understanding the rules on banned substances in supplements. We now advise the new guys to avoid that hornets nest altogether, maybe the same advice should be given to pro athletes - especially those in combat sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
            To be honest, people are playing with fire by taking any supplements at all. The banned list gets updated so often that it's really hard to keep up, I've had friends and colleagues discharged from service due simply to not fully understanding the rules on banned substances in supplements. We now advise the new guys to avoid that hornets nest altogether, maybe the same advice should be given to pro athletes - especially those in combat sports.
            Yea Id agree with all of this.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              ... truth is that Spong never had the opportunity to "deal" with VADA in any manner...
              very true.

It's really a potential career-ender for many fighters.

Whenever anyone brings up fighters who didn't have to contend w/ VADA/USADA and can't temper their adulation, it gets a little sickening. guys like tyson and jones jr. were really special, sure, but we all know they were as much Science Experiment as they were human. And it especially helps guys like them and Spong, whose success was dependent on their power.

Can you imagine what a guy like tunney would have been like w/ the medicine cabinet available to guys like Roid Jones and Tyrone Spong?

Comment

Working...
              X