Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleveland Man Falsely Arrested Because Huntington Bank Believed Paycheck Was Fugazi

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
    I know we live in a time where everyone is quick to scream racism, so I understand people being weary of racist claims.

But to me this seems like a pretty clear case.

Guy went into the bank to cash his checks. Complied with everything the bank asked for including a finger print. When they told him they couldn't cash his checks, they called the police on him. The police then proceeded to arrest the man.
    Oh, the bank messed up, and really bad.

No argument there.

I'm in no way defending the bank.

But to so quickly blame it on racism is wrong too.

Can we agree?

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
      Oh, the bank messed up, and really bad.

No argument there.

I'm in no way defending the bank.

But to so quickly blame it on racism is wrong too.

Can we agree?
      We can agree.

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
        Idk America is America.

They have atm's where you can deposit checks and also apps. I deposit checks using my phone all the time. I must say it's cool but also kind scary.

To tell you the truth , we don't even need brick and mortar banks anymore everything can be digital now. There's a bank with no stand alone stores , it's just an atm bank.
        Still the idea o0f getting cheques and having to deposit them ion salary cases is primitive. You should just wake up with your salary in your account like every country.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
          Must be nice to walk through life without having to experience police being called on you for no other real reason

Blame those in your community for building that reputation that you have to deal with.

It's something that isn't your fault, and it isn't fair, but you have to deal with it.

Overall I believe it's a mixed bag, a combination of your community having a few bad apples, and whites being prejudice and having anxiety as they come across blacks.

It's NOT about skin color, because guess what, we have a lot of Indian's over here, they're dark as fuk, darker than African Americans many times, and they don't experience anything like this. They don't have a reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by Lion81 View Post
            Blame those in your community for building that reputation that you have to deal with.

It's something that isn't your fault, and it isn't fair, but you have to deal with it.

Overall I believe it's a mixed bag, a combination of your community having a few bad apples, and whites being prejudice and having anxiety as they come across blacks.

It's NOT about skin color, because guess what, we have a lot of Indian's over here, they're dark as fuk, darker than African Americans many times, and they don't experience anything like this. They don't have a reputation.
            I agree with this. Most po’s(police officers) are good people that want to do a good job, and do. Few are fascist and through people under the bus due to their biases. But it does happen. And when it happens to you it is very upsetting, unsettling and disturbing.

But it is Also unfair to throw out the race card phrase when a person claims to be a victim of police misconduct. Sure there are some piece of sh it’s that lie to get out of a jam but there are also many people that are making just allegations and those police need to be dealt with according to law.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
              I agree with this. Most po’s(police officers) are good people that want to do a good job, and do. Few are fascist and through people under the bus due to their biases. But it does happen. And when it happens to you it is very upsetting, unsettling and disturbing.

But it is Also unfair to throw out the race card phrase when a person claims to be a victim of police misconduct. Sure there are some piece of sh it’s that lie to get out of a jam but there are also many people that are making just allegations and those police need to be dealt with according to law.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Tom View Post
                Still the idea o0f getting cheques and having to deposit them ion salary cases is primitive. You should just wake up with your salary in your account like every country.
                Mean most jobs now a days do direct despot and if you wanted you can use pay pal or another app then send it to your account.

Comment

Working...
                X