No announcement yet.

Joshua vs Parker is refreshing!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joshua vs Parker is refreshing!

Guys im pumped for this as it is a legit title fight. Both fighters are legit threats to each other and I think this has the makings of a great fight!

Parker is a genuine talent that hasnt been at his peak over the last year but still won his fights. That says a lot for his temperament because he was not relying on KO's to get the job done.

I also have never seen Joshua talking about losing a fight before but he has started doing it in the lead up to this fight. Honestly I think this fight could be epic and is a lot closer than people realize.

Question, if Joshua does not knock out Parker can you actually see him winning this against Parkers superior speed?

not to burst your bubble but i dont think its a great fight. the only thing parker has over a lot of these B level fighters is that hes just about maintained his 0. hes not really shown hes that much better than the likes of ruiz and hughie fury and takam when you look at them fights.

Comment

To answer your question, it should be the other way around, If Parker can't KO AJ, can he actually win a decision if he does not win every round and or drop AJ multiple times? considering Hearns reputation for robberies and horrendous scorecards in favour of his home fighters on his cards, let alone his no.1 cash cow.

^ignore the above poster, he thinks connor ben, ohara davies and joe joyce are 'special talents'

Comment

Originally posted by IRON LION View Post
        Question, if Joshua does not knock out Parker can you actually see him winning this against Parkers superior speed?
        Yes. Joshua isn't exactly slow, especially not when it comes to hand speed. He also has a decent jab to keep Parker at bay if needs be with the longer reach too.

Plus let's be honest if it goes to the cards Joshua isn't losing unless he's knocked down multiple times as anything that's remotely 50-50 will go his way.

Comment

I think people will be surprised at how many times Parker wins the battle of jabs and manages to hit and move. I can see him winning a lot of rounds....and if he gets into the second half of the fight I think he can dominate.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
            To answer your question, it should be the other way around, If Parker can't KO AJ, can he actually win a decision if he does not win every round and or drop AJ multiple times? considering Hearns reputation for robberies and horrendous scorecards in favour of his home fighters on his cards, let alone his no.1 cash cow.

^ignore the above poster, he thinks connor ben, ohara davies and joe joyce are 'special talents'
            I don't think Hearn will need any home cooking on this one....

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
              I think people will be surprised at how many times Parker wins the battle of jabs and manages to hit and move. I can see him winning a lot of rounds....and if he gets into the second half of the fight I think he can dominate.
              He literally scraped past takam lol. He was losing the fight until the last couple of rounds when takam tired. You all must be watching a different Parker to me, he's not got a chance and the bookies odds are spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                He literally scraped past takam lol. He was losing the fight until the last couple of rounds when takam tired. You all must be watching a different Parker to me, he's not got a chance and the bookies odds are spot on.
                Every fighter needs a chance to shine, and styles make fights. I believe Parker will have improved from those fights and is a better fighter than 2 years ago, also, Takam had a full camp and was 2 years younger so the comparison to the Joshua fight is nonsense.

I believe we will see the best Joseph Parker, he has the ability to really test Joshua with his skill set, speed, stamina, chin and movement..... but that's all hypothetical until he performs and we see him at his best.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
                  Every fighter needs a chance to shine, and styles make fights. I believe Parker will have improved from those fights and is a better fighter than 2 years ago, also, Takam had a full camp and was 2 years younger so the comparison to the Joshua fight is nonsense.

I believe we will see the best Joseph Parker, he has the ability to really test Joshua with his skill set, speed, stamina, chin and movement..... but that's all hypothetical until he performs and we see him at his best.
                  This is more B.S .....

Chris Martin ( Parkers former trainer ) said he was watching Takam train for Joshua as soon as he signed as a replacement and said what everybody with common sense would know already and thats its by far harder to adjust to last minute opponents .

Takam was also 235 for Joshua and was far more aggressive .

He should have won the Parker fight and he barely fought him with a pulse except spurts here and there .

When Joshua smokes him or even wins every round your excuses will not be in short supply anyway ,so get them ready !

Comment

Guys im pumped for this as it is a legit title fight. Both fighters are legit threats to each other and I think this has the makings of a great fight!

Parker is a genuine talent that hasnt been at his peak over the last year but still won his fights. That says a lot for his temperament because he was not relying on KO's to get the job done.

I also have never seen Joshua talking about losing a fight before but he has started doing it in the lead up to this fight. Honestly I think this fight could be epic and is a lot closer than people realize.

"Parkers superior speed? "

Dont believe everything you read !

Comment

Working...
                    X