Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should unemployment insurance be removed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should unemployment insurance be removed?

I lost my job back in 2010 during recession.. since i was making 6 fig, i got max unemployment rate which was at the time $400/week for 6 months.. i found another job after 5 months..

Anyway i read in they want to cut the maximum to just 3 months instead of 6..

Do you agree with this? Its on fox news and lots of trumpdiots commenting its a good idea or to even remove unemployment insurance completely..

Not everybody is a businessman or enterpreneur, some people just have normal jobs and sometimes you lose your job, **** happens! that's why you need an insurance for that and the longer the better, the chance has to be there for people to choose whether they want that insurance or not, it shouldn't be obligatory for everybody, but it can't be completely removed either. Just like health insurance and pension.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
      Not everybody is a businessman or enterpreneur, some people just have normal jobs and sometimes you lose your job, **** happens! that's why you need an insurance for that and the longer the better, the chance has to be there for people to choose whether they want that insurance or not, it shouldn't be obligatory for everybody, but it can't be completely removed either. Just like health insurance and pension.

But unemployment premium isnt deducted from employee salary.. employer pay for it. So how can employee choose to have it.. unless they change it to employee paying for it monthly..

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
        But unemployment premium isnt deducted from employee salary.. employer pay for it. So how can employee choose to have it.. unless they change it to employee paying for it monthly..
        That's what I mean, the employee should be able to choose to either accept the fact that his employer pays for unemployement insurance and that he's automatically in the system or the employers should give that money to the employee and they can do whatever they want with it.

Another way to do it would be for the employee and the employer to pay 50% each every month, and if the employee decides he doesn't want the insurance then he saves the 50% and so does the employer, fair deal for both but the employee doesn't have insurance.

Comment

No it doesn't work that way. Opting out world wreck the system. They rely on people who don't get laid off to build a pool of money. So the employers pay they have no choice. It's a good thing if it's monitored to prevent people from playing games.

Comment

Boy they’re tryin to kill all the hard earned American worker benefits.
            Say hello to the days of robber barons again

Comment

But they do have a point that it enables laziness.. i wasnt as "determined" to find a job right away until my unemployment was about to ran out..altough what i was gettin wasnt even a quarter of what i used to make, still i get paid more than minimum just staying in my house watching tv..

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                No it doesn't work that way. Opting out world wreck the system. They rely on people who don't get laid off to build a pool of money. So the employers pay they have no choice. It's a good thing if it's monitored to prevent people from playing games.
                Well that pool of money depends on how many people have the insurance, if 80% of the Americans are dumb enough to opt out then there's really nothing you can do. I don't think employers should be forced to pay insurance for the employee if the employee doesn't want the insurance and would rather have the money for something else.

Comment

I think they should remove welfare to many welfare queens abusing the system and no one under 18 should get welfare. They should also eliminate immigration which , this would help people who are laid off because to many illegals and foreigners are taking jobs away from Americans . This would ease your worry of 3 months unemplyment

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                    I think they should remove welfare to many welfare queens abusing the system and no one under 18 should get welfare. They should also eliminate immigration which , this would help people who are laid off because to many illegals and foreigners are taking jobs away from Americans . This would ease your worry of 3 months unemplyment
                    Illegal immigrants dont steal professional jobs.. lots of professionals like me lost job during recession.. got nothing yo do with illegals..

Offshoring this good job overseas is the bigger problem than illegal immigrants as far job is concerned.. there are still plenty of minimum wage jobs which most illegals are in..

Comment

Working...
                    X