Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What made Canelo fail versus GGG the first time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnCastellanos View Post
    Abel Sanchez promised plans A,B,C and D! That means they would have an answer for anything Canelo brought to the table.... Unfortunately that is not what we saw! On contrary Canelo won every single round he tried to win (rounds 1,2,3 and 10,11,12)
    GGG failed IMO he only had one game plan and never adjusted to anything Canelo did and they’re complaining about him running proves they just couldn’t figure him out! They’re (ggg and Abel) only effective tool was they’re jab because Canelo neutralized everything else in they’re arsenal: footwork, bodyshots and power punches! Canelo took all gggs biggest tools away... What surprises me is these silly threads with grown men making excuse after excuse and facing the reality... GGG although a very good boxer did not beat Canelo!
    so Canelo only tried to get a draw?😂

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
      so Canelo only tried to get a draw?😂
      Actually, it kinda looked that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
        Actually, it kinda looked that way.
        At face value, I'd say ggg's pressure limited canelo's output...but it wouldn't surprise me if Canelo genuinely thought he was winning or at least that he was getting the rounds with a few flashy shots and slick defensive movements.

Comment

Not clever enough. Trying to impose his speed too much instead of reading Golovkin and finding the openings. Some sharp throwaways to create openings and a consistent jab could help him out but Golovkin is longer and knows how to counter the jab and 8've never seen Canelo use punches that cleverly, he's got big feints and big shots/combos and that's about it.

Honestly dont see how Canelo can beat Golovkin outside of robbery or Golovkin being past it. He should hope that Golovkin comes in pressuring dumb like he likes to do later in fights to give "drama show" where he can onload on his guard/forehead and nab rounds (to be fair people were giving rounds where Golovkin was outboxing Canelo to ginger so). In summary, this is Golovkins to win or lose.
          Last edited by SplitSecond; 06-19-2018, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            And at this point in his career, there's no reason to expect Alvarez will change. He's always had output issues related to his stamina.

It's actually a good reason to believe he would use PEDs.
            That's why this fight is actually interesting to me, or I should say more interesting. How much if at all did the PEDs help with his stamina? Because while we say Canelo's stamina wasn't great it was actually much better than normal considering how much movement he did verse any other time we have seen him. As I watched the fight I expected Canelo to be even more out of gas than he was. Was he able to do that because of PEDs?

If PEDS helped him to keep fairly bulky and enhance his stamina and that is the best he could perform, well then he probably is in a lot of trouble this time around. If they really didn't help much we got another tight fight. Now maybe Canelo can slim down a bit and improve his boxing/movement but can he then absorb the blows better?

The PED controversy made this fight more interesting IMO.

Comment

stamina and not enough power to get GGG's respect.

Comment

how u gon forget the 2things that made him change his whole style fight night.

GGG power and Chin

Comment

At face value, I'd say ggg's pressure limited canelo's output...but it wouldn't surprise me if Canelo genuinely thought he was winning or at least that he was getting the rounds with a few flashy shots and slick defensive movements.
                  Both fighters seemed content to assume "I'm ahead on the cards, so we're good."

I'll expect the same thing in the rematch. An OK fight, but not exactly breathtaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
                    Both fighters seemed content to assume "I'm ahead on the cards, so we're good."

I'll expect the same thing in the rematch. An OK fight, but not exactly breathtaking.
                    Well on the positive side, both guys know they need to do more this time.

Comment

Well on the positive side, both guys know they need to do more this time.
                      That's my hope.

I made a thread last week asking, what CAN golovkin do differently this time to win? (Because I noticed a number of posters saying GGG was going to be all angry and stuff, and win this time, etc.)

What emerged is that most people think their guy (Canelo or Golovkin) "gave away" the early rounds.

Possibly both camps will be less keen to be cautious this time and try to push the fight earlier.

I'm not betting on it.

Comment

Working...
                      X