Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Cotto wins does Floyd go after him at 160 for another title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OF COURSEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
      Could easily see it happening. Will be a bit of a joke if it does though as the only way Cotto beats Sergio is if Sergio's totally shot. I'd hate to see anyone become the lineal middleweight champ by that route.
      So let me get this straight, if Cotto wins its only because Sergio was "shot" and not because he earned it? Thanks for that laugh.

Comment

you know cotto would want that belt too, GBP could make the first big mega fight with canelo on his own (meaning without floyd of course)

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
          You know what he means.

Cotto was willing to take the risk against the guy that Floyd avoided at 154 let alone 160. To make it clear, Cotto is taking on a true middleweight to get the title while Floyd would not if he takes on Cotto again.
          Cotto is also 1-2 in his last 3 fights and has nothing to lose,He also avoided Martinez while he himself(Cotto) was on top and a champion..Floyd avoided no one as he is and never was obligated to fight the Middleweight champion

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
            well if you say thurman and porter fights wont be big enough until 2015,then you say garcia and khan are next then wouldnt a porter or thurman fight be in sept 2015 anyway?
            I think garcia made the most sense for a sept fight, but with the herrera performance, people are going to trash it.. Danny needs a big win to reclaim some of his shine, like a rematch with lucas or khan, or beating thurman or porter...
            Khan is the wild card because he does bring the money, but can the dude get a solid win,,, khan is such a mystery at this point

thurman, porter, danny, khan will all be legit fights but not the same caliber of star as canelo, cotto, shane or oscar

Comment

Honestly if cotto won,, i could see him walking off into the sunset,, dude has enough money and it would be a great way to end a career

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                Cotto is also 1-2 in his last 3 fights and has nothing to lose,He also avoided Martinez while he himself(Cotto) was on top and a champion..Floyd avoided no one as he is and never was obligated to fight the Middleweight champion
                Obligated or not,
                we both know that Floyd would not have fought a prime Sergio Martinez.
                We also both know that not too long ago, Sergio was a 154lbs fighter who was ready to move up to 160 to make some money fights and called out Floyd to fight him at 154.
                We also both know that Floyd took on 154 fighters BEFORE & AFTER being called out.

I know and you pretend not to know that Floyd was not willing to take that risk at 154 let alone 160!

Finally, you are pretty much agreeing with me that Floyd would go up to 160 to fight another cherry picking fight because the only way that Cotto beats Martinez is if Martinez is no longer Martinez!!!

Think about it for a second. You are making it to be an obvious choice for Floyd at 160. Why? You just finished saying that Cotto is 1-2 in his last 3 fights..... and why is it not as obvious when its a true risky opponent? Hmmmm ....

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  I think garcia made the most sense for a sept fight, but with the herrera performance, people are going to trash it.. Danny needs a big win to reclaim some of his shine, like a rematch with lucas or khan, or beating thurman or porter...
                  Khan is the wild card because he does bring the money, but can the dude get a solid win,,, khan is such a mystery at this point

thurman, porter, danny, khan
                  will all be legit fights but not the same caliber of star as canelo, cotto, shane or oscar
                  None of those guys are paper-view-fighters, and Khan is arguably 1-3 in his last four fights (should have lost vs Diaz), Porter is unknown, Thurman needs to get a name on his resume, Danny's stock has gone way down following the Herrera fight.

I'm guessing they could sell a Canelo rematch by raising Canelo's stock back up (Angulo fight helped) and selling the fight by saying he was drained in the first fight and that now it will take place at 154.

If Cotto miraculously beats Martinez, they'll obviously jump at the possibility of making a Mayweather v. Cotto rematch or they might make a Canelo v. Cotto fight at 160 or a 155 catchweight.

A Khan/Garcia v. Mayweather fight sounds very lackluster but they might still do for Septermber, I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                    Obligated or not,
                    we both know that Floyd would not have fought a prime Sergio Martinez.
                    We also both know that not too long ago, Sergio was a 154lbs fighter who was ready to move up to 160 to make some money fights and called out Floyd to fight him at 154.
                    We also both know that Floyd took on 154 fighters BEFORE & AFTER being called out.

I know and you pretend not to know that Floyd was not willing to take that risk at 154 let alone 160!

Finally, you are pretty much agreeing with me that Floyd would go up to 160 to fight another cherry picking fight because the only way that Cotto beats Martinez is if Martinez is no longer Martinez!!!

Think about it for a second. You are making it to be an obvious choice for Floyd at 160. Why? You just finished saying that Cotto is 1-2 in his last 3 fights..... and why is it not as obvious when its a true risky opponent? Hmmmm ....
                    Fighting the middleweight champ at 154 would earn Floyd nothing,period...and Martinez also called out Manny at 150 so i guess manny avoided him to right? Floyd does not EVER have to fight anyone who fights at 160 if he does it is for legacy and a treat for the fans,nothing he has to do

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughts View Post
                      So let me get this straight, if Cotto wins its only because Sergio was "shot" and not because he earned it? Thanks for that laugh.
                      Yes. That's almost certainly the case.

Comment

Working...
                      X