Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Team Ward and HBO setup Chad Dawson on par to John David Jackson ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Team Ward and HBO setup Chad Dawson on par to John David Jackson ?

I imagine that HBO's professional **** starter Max Kellerman got Ward's 168 Pound ball rolling and Dawson ran with it from there.
    However, Dawson found the weight loss excruciating and says he tried his best to change their fight to catchweight but neither Ward or HBO would budge for the longtime warrior.
    Interesting, Dawson's trainer John Scully also seems to throw Dawson under the bus after the fight but a bit more subtle than John David Jackson's latest antics against his fighter Kovalev.

Dawson later called the whole thing a HBO set-up so I'm wondering if it's like the whole low blows John David Jackson, Tony Weeks fiasco

jackson knew kovalev was vulnerable to low blows and he gave ward that info. weeks was also selected as ref based on his past experiences of not calling low blows(look at garcia-matthysse) all you have to do is put the right pieces in place and the game will play itself with your desired result. it was in fact a setup. ward also shot kennedy.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      jackson knew kovalev was vulnerable to low blows and he gave ward that info. weeks was also selected as ref based on his past experiences of not calling low blows(look at garcia-matthysse) all you have to do is put the right pieces in place and the game will play itself with your desired result. it was in fact a setup. ward also shot kennedy.
      Interesting and I know boxers sometimes go months without sex which would make it even worse but did Jackson eye these testicle vulnerabilities via sparing, the shower, lockerroom talk, etc?

I'm also now wondering if Tony Week's big beer belly makes him vulnerable to not seeing low blows

And yes I'm being serious

Comment

LMAO wtf is this?!

Andre Ward shooting Kennedy?

HBO conspiring against Ward's opponents?

Tony weekes beer belly? Lmao you can't make this stuff up!..

Go smoke some weed and lay off the crack pipe and shrooms!

Comment

Dawson handled the whole situation badly. Maybe his ego got the better of him in the moment when he said he'd go to 168 but no one forced him to say that and not Ward's fault Dawson committed to a weight he couldn't make without draining himself. At what point did he try to get it changed, before or after they signed the contract?

Ward did shoot JFK though you just need to take your bias out of it and look at the facts if you can't accept that.

Comment

The OP is probably referring to a quote from Chad years ago when he said he felt like he was set up to lose by HBO by having the fight at 168 and in Oakland, but Chad Dawson and Chad Dawson alone is responsible for that fight being a possibility and making it at 168. What was Ward supposed to do? Take the bait-and-switch once the fight was signed?

Dawson, in the ring and on the mic, called Andre Ward out and said they could do it 168 no problem. On television. And proceeded to tell the press time after time that he made 175 "eating cheeseburgers" in camp, and that making 168 would not be an issue.

It was just an incredibly poor decision by Dawson. I don't know how much he would have made in a rematch with Pascal, but I assume it would have been similar or better than the 600k and a ruined career he got from Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              If I was kovalev promoter I'd seriously subpoena Jackson's, Hunter's and Ward's cell phones for all the conspiring seems against the Ali Act on several levels

Sadly, I can also see Virgil getting all philosophically euphorical after John David starts stuttering to him of Kovalev's blue balls

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                The OP is probably referring to a quote from Chad years ago when he said he felt like he was set up to lose by HBO by having the fight at 168 and in Oakland, but Chad Dawson and Chad Dawson alone is responsible for that fight being a possibility and making it at 168. What was Ward supposed to do? Take the bait-and-switch once the fight was signed?

Dawson, in the ring and on the mic, called Andre Ward out and said they could do it 168 no problem. On television. And proceeded to tell the press time after time that he made 175 "eating cheeseburgers" in camp, and that making 168 would not be an issue.

It was just an incredibly poor decision by Dawson. I don't know how much he would have made in a rematch with Pascal, but I assume it would have been similar or better than the 600k and a ruined career he got from Ward.
                I wish I could still find that video because I'm wondering if Kellerman put Dawson on the spot as he did with GGG against Ward etc etc. Immediately after that in the ring interview he said that he would rather not get out of his comfort zone but he would do what he had to do to secure the fight. Dawson also insists that later during training he begged to have the fight changed to catch weight

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                  Dawson handled the whole situation badly. Maybe his ego got the better of him in the moment when he said he'd go to 168 but no one forced him to say that and not Ward's fault Dawson committed to a weight he couldn't make without draining himself. At what point did he try to get it changed, before or after they signed the contract?

Ward did shoot JFK though you just need to take your bias out of it and look at the facts if you can't accept that.
                  Dawson got greedy but he was also a warrior who didn't duck anyone so HBO and team Ward took advantage of his personality and weight loss knowledge.

I say HBO and the governing bodies did similar when they allowed Cotto to weigh in the morning before his fight with malignaggi which allowed him to rehydrate much bigger than Pauli and thus fracturing his face and brain

Comment

Originally posted by maracho View Post
                    Dawson got greedy but he was also a warrior who didn't duck anyone so HBO and team Ward took advantage of his personality and weight loss knowledge.

I say HBO and the governing bodies did similar when they allowed Cotto to weigh in the morning before his fight with malignaggi which allowed him to rehydrate much bigger than Pauli and thus fracturing his face and brain
                    story of wards career. took advantage of kennedy riding in a convertible too!

Comment

Working...
                    X