Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is a fight with Jacobs worth more than a fight with Lemieux?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is a fight with Jacobs worth more than a fight with Lemieux?

They gave Lemieux 1.5 million if I'm not mistaking? Jacobs made that for fighting Quillen so we know he won't take that for a GGG fight. So what does Jacobs think he's gonna get? 2-2.5 million or more? If this fight went to bids he gets no more than 1.25 million IMO. Who would bid more than 5 million for this fight unless they're looking to just hemorrhage money.

I bet K2, knowing that exact thing probably offered Jacobs the same 1.5 he made for Quillen and he turned it down and asked for the purse bid percentage to be upped to 40% hoping to get that $2 million or more... This fight won't happen, the money is not there unless GGG takes pretty much the same money as Jacobs...

regardless of numbers. straight from the horses' mouth

"I will let not Danny fight. Not going to happen on dec 10 (without 3 months and a tune-up)" - Rozier

that is the exact reason. they won't be happy with any split. rozier straight up said Jacobs is not ready.

Comment

Thing is..why not just pay the man and move on?? GGG is 34 and has had a **** year. if the Jacobs fight falls through then his fans get what next? Tuereno Johnson? or Blanco? or some other random fringe contender?

Comment

Originally posted by don larryx View Post
        Thing is..why not just pay the man and move on?? GGG is 34 and has had a **** year. if the Jacobs fight falls through then his fans get what next? Tuereno Johnson? or Blanco? or some other random fringe contender?
        read my post above.

it's not the split.

his trainer will not let him fight this year. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
          read my post above.

it's not the split.

his trainer will not let him fight this year. Period.
          we already know this that is why they are negotiating for next year..try and keep up troll

Comment

Well 1.5 million is better than 850,000. But supposedly he was offered 1.5 a while back and declined it.

Golovkin deserves more money because he's the bigger draw and the title holder. If offering 35-40% is what it will take the make the fight happen, then do it. I have no problem with that whatsoever.

On the other hand, if Jacobs really wants a shot at stardom, he should strongly considering taking 25% if an agreement can't be reached. Holding out for more money won't help his career. This isn't the NFL.

Comment

2mln should be it .if this fight is gone ,what GGG have?Heiland?

Comment

Originally posted by don larryx View Post
                If I'm K2 I pay him a fair split. He was asking for 40, I offer 35%.
                But what does that mean in $$$? What's the fight worth? They obviously have a number in mind, that's why I think they offered the same as they gave Lemieux. Jacobs doesn't even hold a real title so GGG doesn't even pick up another belt with a win...
                GGG needs a name next, he made great money vs Brook but it did nothing for his career..

He needs Jacobs, Saunders, Canelo this year. 2 of the 3...

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                  If I'm K2 I pay him a fair split. He was asking for 40, I offer 35%.
                  But what does that mean in $$$? What's the fight worth? They obviously have a number in mind, that's why I think they offered the same as they gave Lemieux. Jacobs doesn't even hold a real title so GGG doesn't even pick up another belt with a win...
                  GGG needs a name next, he made great money vs Brook but it did nothing for his career..

He needs Jacobs, Saunders, Canelo this year. 2 of the 3...
                  I agree, the man is going to have to bend to get good fights and there is no way around it...

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                    They gave Lemieux 1.5 million if I'm not mistaking? Jacobs made that for fighting Quillen so we know he won't take that for a GGG fight. So what does Jacobs think he's gonna get? 2-2.5 million or more? If this fight went to bids he gets no more than 1.25 million IMO. Who would bid more than 5 million for this fight unless they're looking to just hemorrhage money.

I bet K2, knowing that exact thing probably offered Jacobs the same 1.5 he made for Quillen and he turned it down and asked for the purse bid percentage to be upped to 40% hoping to get that $2 million or more... This fight won't happen, the money is not there unless GGG takes pretty much the same money as Jacobs...
                    Nobody will bid high enough for jacobs to get his money. K2 will have to sweeten the pot to make it happen. I understand jacobs needs to cash in. The beating he will take could be career ending.

Comment

Working...
                    X