Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your life is on the line. You MUST bet on one outcome. Pick one.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Head to Head Lewis is the favourite against anyone in the history of boxing. The ultimate champion.

Comment

Wlad vs Lewis is 50/50.

Ali beats Lewis every time.

Comment

I'd be quite confident that Lewis could beat Ali.

Lewis is simply superior in every way to Wladimir. Wladimir is a bootleg Lewis knock-off who fights lesser competition.

Comment

Lewis beating Ali 3/3 times. Either way you'd probably die. But I don't see wlad beating Lewis 2/3. And theirs always the chance that the 6ft6 Lewis who isn't slow for his size would beat Be a nightmare for Ali but then again it's prime Ali who would probably make Lewis miss all night

Comment

Originally posted by JasonBoxing View Post
            Current Wladimir beating Prime Lewis 2 out of 3 times.

or

Prime Lewis beating Prime Muhamamd Ali 3 out of 3 times.

I handicapped Lewis because the gap between Lewis and Ali is obviously smaller than the gap between Lewis and Wlad.

I would bet on wlad beating lewis 2 out of 3

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
              A chinny, featherfisted boxer with a record approximately 5 times worse than Wilder's who was a prolific bum beater and cruiser cruncher and with no boxing pedigree DID beat Ali 3 times straight.

There is not a top 15 boxer either today OR in the Lewis era that Ali would have been able to beat even once!

Ali would be smashed in Cruiserweight today no doubt!

50 bloody years ago! Get over it! I can only imagine how over-hyped Wilder is going to be in 50 years time if this is how bad it is after 1 day!

The US hype machine at it's very best! A 50 year old overweight cruiser who could barely box or punch and a prolific bum buster of the modern era.. THIS is what you guys call "ATG"? No wonder you got beaten out of boxing!

muhammed ali's won the title in 1964. him losing fights too lesser fighters 15 yrs later means nothing. cassius clay would have took every round from lennox lewis.

and for the record. prime George foreman would walk right through lennox lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
                muhammed ali's won the title in 1964. him losing fights too lesser fighters 15 yrs later means nothing. cassius clay would have took every round from lennox lewis.

PRime George Foreman could barely even box! A 220lb plodder would be totally clowned and knocked out.

Foreman prime was beaten by featherfist cruiser Clay and featherfist cruiser bum Young.

The so called "prime" Ali was a grey hound with no place in the HW divisions of Lewis or Wlad at all but most importantly...

Prime Clay DID NOT EVEN ONCE FACE A SINGLE DECENT OPPONENT! And still struggled at times!

Prime Clay was inexperienced, chiny and barely 200lbs.

He would be knocked out by any half decent HW today or in Lewis times, let alone by Wlad or Lewis themselves.

Fact!

The correct comparison would be Ali to Huck.. And I would then argue for Huck!

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post

Both Clay and Foreman are legendary fighters. But I don't know if they could have taken out Lewis..Even if they do, it wouldn't be anywhere near as easy as you make it out to be.

I actually broke down both those fights a couple years ago.
                  Here they are. My opinions obviously haven't changed. Since all three fighters are no longer moving targets.(They all retired)

Lewis vs Prime Foreman
                  This is a very interesting match up. Prime Foreman's stamina was only shot to **** when he punched himself out. Lewis can not do this and hope to survive. Lennox do not have the chin of an Ali and to be honest it's not LL'S style to rope a dope.
                  There's two possible scenarios here.

1- Lewis goes aggressive mode and attempt to out physical the physical beast in Young George. This is very risky because even though LL is bigger and heavier, Young George could very well be slightly stronger and pack a slightly bigger punch. That being said, I trust in Lewis's heart more then I trust in Foreman's and despite what people might think is 'advantage Foreman' I see a all out aggressive LL bomb Foreman to the ground within 2-3 rounds.

Foreman is easily caught with big bombs early and the truth of the matter is, Foreman was never tested against another Super Heavy. Lewis was tested against numerous 6'4+ super heavys. None of them were quite as good as Foreman, but his experience in dealing with fellow giants definitely give him the edge in a h2h.
                  2- The more likely scenario will be LL impose his superior size and boxing skills to it's limits and dominate Foreman via a combination of tactics,power, and intelligent aggressiveness.
                  What really made Lennox's jab tactics special is that unlike Holmes and Wlad (two fighters with equal or maybe even slightly better jabs) Lewis was able to mix in a huge variety of other punches to it as he box you on the outside.
                  Combinations, upper cuts, overhands, he had it all and he will effectively dominant a foreman type from a tactical point of view.
                  One fight that really stands out for me in terms of Lennox adapting to his opponents is Bruno.
                  I know Bruno is not Foreman, but we really did see this tactic against him. When Lewis was losing the fight because he was not able to dominate Bruno via his jab work alone, he started winning the fight based on his fighting. Upper cuts, overhands, a few power combos and Bruno was done.
                  We are talking about the BEST VERSIONS of both boxers in a h2h scenario. The best Version of Lewis would have treated Foreman like a virus, there is no way Foreman could have caught LL with something big. Lewis would either tactically dominate the slugging Preacher into a late TKO

or out slug the slugger early.

Lewis vs Ali
                  In regards to Lewis vs the great one ALI.

Can Lewis out box Ali?
                  Lewis was a very good outside fighter. He got a good left hook, did well in combination bursts and had a massive right hand. His balance is something that people over look as well. For someone that’s 6’5’6’6 240+, he got great balance for such a super heavyweight. His jab against a fast footed killer will be a very deadly weapon and add in his variety of punches, he was very good technically. All these points indicate Lennox had a real chance of out boxing Ali should Ali attempt to keep this a tactical fight.
                  Ali got blinding hand speed and great foot works. His punches weren’t the hardest, and I seriously doubt he can hurt a fully focused Lewis. Rahman and Mccall caught him unaware and at a time he was seriously lacking in focus. In h2h match ups you take the best versions. The best versions of LL would have been able to absorb any Ali punches, he fought a very long line of huge punchers from the early 90’s all the way up to the early 2000’s. Mason-Ruddock-Morrison-Briggs-Golota-Bruno-Tua-Grant-Vitali, not one was able to floor him.

What would most likely have happened
                  Ali got great recovering powers, he is capable of being caught though. What we do know is Lewis have definitely fought numerous punchers that hit harder then Ali, but Ali had fought only 2 fighters who ‘might’ hit harder then Lewis. Weather or not Foreman and Shavers hit harder then LL is up for serious debate. People forget that Ali is honestly fundamentally flawed on defense and used his superior reflexes along with speed to get him out of trouble. Lennox will eventually catch him with a thundering right hand the likes of that Ali never ever felt before and knock him out late

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post

The correct comparison would be Ali to Huck.. And I would then argue for Huck!

Dude. Are you for real? Dont you think you need a break from posting?

Comment

Easily Lennox beating Ali 3 times.

Comment

Working...
                      X