Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Matthyse a more polished version of Maidana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone in here said lucas has better defense. I lol'd.

Comment

Matthysse is more technical. Maidana is more rugged and has those crazy overhand punches.

Both of them give zero ****s about fame and popularity. Both do it for love of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        Someone in here said lucas has better defense. I lol'd.
        Maidana has none. >__>... Lucas has SOME lol

Comment

Matthysse. He just does everything better and is the more devastating puncher. I don't think his chin is shot either he just came unprepared (underestimated) for the fight against a very hard punching and game Molina.

Comment

Originally posted by Badzi1987 View Post
            Matthysse. He just does everything better and is the more devastating puncher. I don't think his chin is shot either he just came unprepared (underestimated) for the fight against a very hard punching and game Molina.
            Molina is a huge puncher and has some size on him. No shame going down on the shots Lucas went down with (one to the back of the head and another clean shot coming in). He took most shots from Danny and Molina pretty much all night some of the ones he and Danny landed on each other were nukes.

I still want to know how Molina made 135. :/

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
              Maidana's awkward right hook to the side of the head would KO Matthysse IMO. Look at what John Molina's right hook did to Matthysse. Almost stopped him.
              You're kidding, right?

Matthysse was caught on the temple with the first one. It was a simple case of an equilibrium shot putting him off balance. The second was a rabbit punch.

He wasn't hurt from either punch. He literally got up smiling about them.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr
                Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdBlooded

In the past I would have easily said yes, but Maidana has really improved under Robert Garcia. Matthysse does throw straighter punches. One area where Matthysse is clearly better than Maidana is defense. I'd say Matthysse is still better than Maidana, but the gap has definitely closed somewhat. I also can't recall a recent instance of Matthysse feinting, whereas Maidana has done that a lot recently.

Wrong.

When have you ever seen Maidana with a closed eye?

Never! He moves his head better.
                Please tell me this guy isn't serious. Lol

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I feel that Maidana is a better fighter than Matthysse is a boxer. In other words, Maidana uses his brawling/fighting style much more effectively than Matthysse uses his boxing skills. I also think that at 147, Maidana would beat Matthysse clearly. I just think that Matthysse can get a little too shook up from hard punches and knock downs, while Maidana instead wakes up. Also I like that when things aren't going Maidana's way, he does not complain, he just gets even. When Matthysse is losing or gets cut, he looks a bit lost.

Matthysse is the more polished boxer of the two, not a more polished version of Maidana. But that does not matter, Mayweather, Broner, Ortiz, Kotelnyk, Khan were all far more polished boxers than Maidana but Maidana still beat 3 of those guys and fought very competitively against two other one's.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    I feel that Maidana is a better fighter than Matthysse is a boxer. In other words, Maidana uses his brawling/fighting style much more effectively than Matthysse uses his boxing skills. I also think that at 147, Maidana would beat Matthysse clearly. I just think that Matthysse can get a little too shook up from hard punches and knock downs, while Maidana instead wakes up. Also I like that when things aren't going Maidana's way, he does not complain, he just gets even. When Matthysse is losing or gets cut, he looks a bit lost.

Matthysse is the more polished boxer of the two, not a more polished version of Maidana. But that does not matter, Mayweather, Broner, Ortiz, Kotelnyk, Khan were all far more polished boxers than Maidana but Maidana still beat 3 of those guys and fought very competitively against two other one's.

I agree. I think Matthysse is a little overrated by fan boys. He hasn't ever won a big fight (barring Peterson). He is a better technical fighter than Maidana in some respects but Maidana's jab has vastly improved his overall presence in the ring. I think Maidana's awkwardness makes him special. I think Garcia beats Matthysse again. But if Garcia moves up--Maidana would be too much for him. Too violent, too awkward, too much pressure.

Comment

the fact that chino isnt polished is advantageous to him, it is difficult for people to time his shots due to the akwardness

Comment

Working...
                      X